Director of Marketing & Communications
Ort: China, Jiangsu, Wuxi
Hotel: Wuxi Taihu New City (WUXTA), Southwest corner of Zhenze Rd & Qingshu Rd, 210000
Job number: 106346
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the key Marketing Communication processes at hotel including Marketing Planning, Collateral and Advertising Production, Content Management, Public Relations, Promotion and Events and Social Media according to IHG Marketing Communications standard operating procedures
• Deliver and execute an annual Marketing Plan for all hotel events, public and media relations, loyalty and channel marketing and other marketing activities
• Align marketing communication activities to hotel’s key business segments to ensure clear return-on-investment (ROI) for time and budget invested in the activity
• Develop media contacts, manage media relations, and organize media activities to promote good publicity and drive hotel awareness.
• Build continued hotel awareness by delivering new hotel stories and press releases of promotion or event to media, trade publications and local community
• Manage hotel events including budgeting, guest list, agenda/programme, media participation, photography/video and gifts
• Develop hotel and marketing collaterals according to Brand standards for promotions
• Manage IHG Hotel Content Manager system to update text and images that optimizes the content quality and best represents the Brand standards
• Manage hotel image database from official hotel photos, event photos, staff photos to use in hotel promotion
• Manage hotel social media system and processes to support tactical campaigns, engage hotel guests and build hotel client database
• Manage the reputation and awareness of the hotel and Brand in the local city and key feeder markets
• Monitor awareness of competitor activities and use the information to develop Marketing strategies
• Prepare and manage the department’s Marketing budget as part of Business Planning:
- Assist DOSM in preparing all Marketing sections of the Sales & Marketing department annual budget
- Assist DOSM in monitoring Marketing revenue targets and controlling Marketing costs to ensure performance against budget
- Assist DOSM in preparing the hotel’s short term and long term strategic plan for all Marketing priorities
HUMAN RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITIES - (FOR INCUMBENTS WITH DIRECT SUBORDINATES)
Support DOSM and Director of Human Resources to maximize Sales and Marketing staff resources
- Assist in recruiting in line with company guidelines
- Prepare detailed induction program for new staff
- Implement department standards and procedures
- Regularly communicate with staff to maintain good relations
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in marketing, Mass Communications, Media or related field is preferred.
Expected to possess the following skills:
• Demonstrated ability to interact with and present to customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, owning company, the Brand and IHG.
• Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
• Able to manage projects with different financial budgets and performance objectives
• Strong time-management skills and able to multi-task
• Strong writing skills in Chinese and English
• Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software
• Proven ability to work with external vendors to deliver objectives
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience or 4 years of combined university education and work-related experience.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.