Bar Attendant (Full Time) - InterContinental Perth
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth
Hotel: Centro da cidade de Perth (PERHA), 815 Hay Street, 6000
Job number: 117306
Our Hotel has 2 separate bar areas, servicing these 3 R&B venues:
- Ascua - Aptly named Ascua after the Spanish word for ember, our menu is designed around the wood-fired grill, dry aged beef, fresh Western Australian seafood and sommelier selected wines. https://www.ascua.com.au/
- Heno & Rey - Hola! With a focus on using fresh, West Australian produce to create Spanish inspired flavours, Heno & Rey’s is a casual tapas bar where passion for food and drink mirrors the Spanish approach to life. https://www.henoandrey.com.au/
- Loft Lounge & Bar - On our outdoor terrace, where the wine list tells a tale of Western Australia’s artisanal vineyards and winemakers, and a cocktail is more than a combination of ingredients or a fusion of flavours. https://loftbar.com.au/
We are looking for a full time Bar Attendant to join our Restaurant & Bar team and help us create dining experiences that exceeding our customers’ needs and expectations.
Your day to day
As a Bar Attendant, you will be responsible for…
- Working across the two bar areas depending upon business needs.
- Preparing and serving drinks to high standards, while highlighting promotions to guests and maximising up-selling opportunities.
- Creating a warm welcome for every single guest that sets the tone for their experience with us.
- Owning your bar – managing stock, inventory and equipment as well as keeping the space cleaner than clean
- Handling cash and credit transactions
- Working closely with your restaurant colleagues to deliver a truly seamless food service.
- Ensuring the security and proper storage of food and beverage products & equipment, and replenishing supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimising waste.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will...
- Over 1 years proven experience in bar, working in a busy and modern restaurant or bar.
- Exceptional customer service skills and have a high ability to interact with guests & colleagues.
- Be a skilled multi-tasker.
- Have an eye for detail and be an enthusiastic and approachable person who is motivated to take ownership and consistently deliver a unique guest experience.
- Have beverage knowledge of wines, beers and spirits.
- Be able to work well in a team environment and support the wider team success.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be flexible with availability – for example evenings/ nights, weekends and public holiday shifts.
- Have the legal right to work in Australia without any type of limitation or restrictions.
- Hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certification.
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Free meals on shift
- Laundered uniform supplied
- Paid birthday leave - hip hip hooray!
- Paid parental leave
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Discounted CBD carparking
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers
- Most importantly, your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of leave entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.