Sous Chef - InterContinental Residences Abu Dhabi
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates
Hotel: Residences Abu Dhabi (AUHIC), Zayed The First Street, Building 1
Job number: 110642
We are looking for a Sous Chef who will manage the Restaurant kitchen operations achieving business objectives through customer focused service delivery. Promotes the desired work culture around the fivewinning ways – Aim higher, Work better together, Celebrate the difference, Do the right thing & Show we care
A little taste of your day-to-day
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be delivering:
- Under the assistance of the executive chef co-ordinate the preparation of the menus and annual budget and work to achieve the budget by monitoring and controlling the departmental operations, considering revenue and expenditure.
- On an ongoing basis, control and analyze departmental costs to ensure performance against budget; implementing corrective measures where necessary to produce positive business results.
- Effectively manage staffing costs by preparing efficient work schedules inline with legal requirements
- Recruit in line with company guidelines.
- Prepare detailed induction programmers’ for new staff.
- Maintain a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation.
- Ensure training needs analysis of your departmental staff is carried out and training programmers’ are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Actively work at developing your staff and identify high potentials.
- Maintain training records for all direct reports and ensure they do the same for their staff
- Conduct probation and formal performance appraisal in line with company guidelines.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Approve leave requests after considering peaks and troughs in the business.
- Regularly communicate with staff to maintain good relation.
- Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of Conduct
- Graduate calibre with a Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Minimum of 3 years senior management experience in a large Food & Beverage department of a luxury deluxe hotel
- As well as the technical skills, a detailed knowledge of food skills is essential for this role as well as a proven track record in launching new concepts and promotions, training and developing staff. Experience of managing restaurant environment preferred
- High level of written and verbal Business English
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.