Security Supervisor at InterContinental Fujairah Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates
Hotel: Fujairah Resort (FJRAE), Al Aqah Beach, Dibba Road
Job number: 102433
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your Day to Day
As Security Supervisor, you will be responsible for the safety and security of all Guests, Colleagues and contractors, and visitors while at the hotel. A Security Supervisor is also responsible for the safety and security of the hotel premises and the oversight of the Security Team.
Some of your main role responsibilities are:
- Supervise other Security Officers and conduct briefing for them
- Assign duties as per the instructions from Security Manager
- Coordinate with the local police, CID if required
- Check the property on a daily basis for any damage or any incidents
- Guard entrance and exits and submit reports to the Lobby Manager daily
- Monitor designated areas on the closed CCTV
- Ensure that ‘Fire Exit’ doors are kept free of blockage at all times and ensure that fire and safety equipment are in their right places
- Perform all tasks consistently in line with the hotel standards and adhere to all legal and statutory requirements
- Constant vigilance of hotel operations and premises
- Maintain all documents and key systems to legal and Company requirements
- Recommend improvements in surveillance, security, and fire systems
- Review, quickly and thoroughly, any incidents with the intention of preventing re-occurrences
- Train and supervise the Security Team, organize work schedules, and ensure all policies are followed
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
You should ideally be a certified Security Professional with previous experiences preferably with a hotel security or a similar security branch background. Additional certifications like CPR, First Aid, BHV or the use of AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) are a definite plus. A good command of English in both written and spoken and to follow safety and security rules and procedures without compromises at all times are essential.
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.