Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Hotel: Doha - The City (DOHWB), West Bay
Job number: 101474
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Towering over the city center, our luxury Doha hotel is one of the tallest in Qatar. You’ll find us in the exclusive West Bay area, close to the city’s Doha Exhibition and Convention Centre, government offices, and corporate headquarters. Our spacious rooms and suites have panoramic city and sea views, while award-winning restaurants, state-of-the-art meeting venues, easy access to local highlights, health, and fitness club, and a rooftop pool, ensure a memorable stay.
What’s the job?
As a Security Officer you are responsible to protect and safeguard all hotel guests, employees, their belongings and all hotel assets. Promote the desired work culture by living the 5 winning ways value – Do the Right thing, Show we care, Aim Higher, Celebrate Difference, Work better together.
- Ensure and guard the safety of guests and employees by walking surveillance rounds and patrol all of the Hotel’s areas
- Respond rapidly to requests for emergency and non-emergency assistance in a professional and hospitable manner
- Detect safety-threatening situations and irregularities like unwanted visitors, mutilation or aggressive behaviour
- Obtain all loss reports, investigate, follow-up and determine course of action
- Monitor designated areas on the closed CCTV
- Ensure that ‘Fire Exit’ doors are kept free of blockage at all times and ensure that fire and safety equipment’s are in their right places
- Perform all tasks consistently in line with the hotel standards and adhere to all legal and statutory requirements
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels.
True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will be result-oriented and self-motivated along with a positive attitude. You should have the ability to think laterally and display a high level of integrity. You should also have the ability to identify, impact and influence others. You are a strong team player, enthusiastic and flexible.
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.