Sales Manager | Holiday Inn Express Kathmandu Naxal
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: Nepal, Kathmandu
Hotel: Kathmandu Naxal (KTMNA), Naxal, 44600
Job number: 115664
The Holiday Inn Express Kathmandu Naxal (An IHG Hotel) will be an exceptional addition to Nepal's hospitality landscape. Situated in the heart of Kathmandu, adjacent to the Nepal Police Headquarters, the hotel's strategic location near the city center, embassies, and key attractions offers guests unrivaled convenience. With Nepal's stunning mountain landscapes attracting adventurers and its rich Hindu and Buddhist heritage drawing culture enthusiasts, Kathmandu has emerged as a coveted travel destination. The hotel features top-notch facilities including full-service F&B outlets like The Great Room and a Roof Top Restaurant, along with versatile event spaces and a fitness center. Boasting 110 rooms, this establishment promises an unforgettable stay in the vibrant capital of Nepal.
Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn Express® family.
Develop and set revenue sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure plans are implemented, results are monitored and sales goals are achieved. Regularly sell hotel rooms, meeting rooms, and food and beverage through direct client contacts.
At Holiday Inn Express we want people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one.
Duties and responsibilities
• Increase corporate client base through consistent solicitation while establishing trust and rapport with clients to generate and boost revenues for the hotel. Services new and existing accounts to ensure repeat business.
• Develops and Initiates all actions necessary and appropriate to achieve established sales department revenue goals and overall business revenue goals for the hotel. Actively and consistently prospects and develops new sources of business for a hotel through telephone, marketing and outside personal sales calls, and successfully converting potential business opportunities to confirmed bookings.
• Creates and implements special programs to achieve greater productivity through:
• Organizes and attends major sales/PR related functions within the hotel.
• Implementation of IHG Way of Sales and Solution Selling
• Regular Entertainments with key clients
• Assist the DOS in providing competitive and market activities. Conducts market research & scrutinize current and potential markets/trends, coordinates all activities to maintain and increase revenue through added business volume and increased rate.
• Achieving monthly & annual sales target from defined Area/geography , Industries
• Manage day to day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good performance.
• Educate and train sales team that is responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales strategies. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
Qualifications and requirements
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in marketing or related field, and six to ten years’ experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels.
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great work environment and benefits – including but not limited to F&B Discount, IHG Employee Rate, Hotel Uniform, Meal at Employee Restaurant, excellent development, and advancement opportunities across the globe.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
*Resident of Nepal can only apply to above position.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.