Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Hotel: Riyadh (RUHHA), King Saud Road, 3636
Job number: 123077
We’re always looking for new ways to raise the bar. So, we’re searching for a Sales Manager with a track record of driving sales and smashing targets to help us fill our rooms, meeting suites and banquet halls.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Sell hotel room nights through direct client contact; maintain a high level of visibility for the hotel in major market areas through direct sales solicitation; telephone contacts and written communication.
- Achieve personal and team sales goals as assigned.
- Implement hotel-level tactical sales plans as assigned to achieve greater profitability through increasing average rates, increasing overall occupancy, increasing business volume during off-peak periods, and enhancing the image of the hotel in the local community.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attend out-of-town conventions and trade shows, to promote new business and increase sales for the hotel.
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
- Actively participate in forecasting and goal setting. Participate in the annual budget process, and development of sales and marketing plans.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments. Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations, and plan effective solutions in conjunction with department heads to best expedite these situations.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies within local, domestic and international markets – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
What We need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4 years total experience working with a large or a variety of market segments, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
- This job requires ability to perform the following
- Frequently standing up or moving within and outside of the facility
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through my Wellbeing
framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.