Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Cardiff
Hotel: St. David's Cardiff (CWLCD), Havannah Street, CF10 5SD
Job number: 119640
voco St. David’s Cardiff are looking for a Sales Manager to join our fantastic Cardiff Bay 5-star hotel!
Salary up to £30,000.00 per annum – Plus up to 20% Annual Bonus
As a Sales Manager, you will be focussed on selling our Conference Centre to local and national accounts for meetings and events, in support of the Director of Sales & Marketing.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Agency appointments
- Proactively seek out opportunities for appointments with key event organisers and bookers, networking, and inquiries for revenue growth
- Lead generation for events
- Attending exhibitions as/when required and pipelining into future months and years.
While this role works alongside Key Account Managers/Directors within IHG, to secure as much business as possible and making sure we get the market share in the local area, it requires the ability to work independently in the absence of the Director of Sales & Marketing.
As Sales Manager, you will collaborate with the Commercial Team to get the best conversion from our enquiries and key accounts. You will occasionally offer them guidance when they send proposals, contracts, and coordinate with clients.
So, what’s in for you:
- Becoming part of the IHG Hotels & Resorts family, one of the world’s leading hotel companies - which means global opportunities
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Subsidised childcare support
- Meals whilst on duty
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
To succeed as our Sales Manager , you will need:
- A track record of sales achievements with at least 2 years’ experience in the service and hospitality industry is essential for this role.
- You will have strong strategic planning skills, ability to look ahead and strategies in place to support the plans.
- A degree of knowledge of all market segments i.e. corporate, conference
- It is essential that you can work well under pressure, with minimal supervision and maintain high standards and attention to detail.
- Microsoft package skills and Delphi knowledge (desirable) Owns
- Demonstrates relevant functional experience and good knowledge of relevant topics and collaboration with other hotel departments
If you feel you are the right candidate to be our next Sales Manager, then please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
About voco St David's Cardiff:
Set on Cardiff Bay's waterfront, voco® St David's Cardiff makes a bold statement, with its glass-fronted façade, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, and coastal setting. The Tir a Môr at voco® St David’s Cardiff is our eclectic restaurant and bar. Our bold flavours draw inspiration from world food cultures and blend perfectly with the best seasonal produce Wales has to offer. The Spa, located in the hotel, offers just the place to unwind and has been voted one of the best spas in the UK. voco St David's Cardiff is a wonderful setting for meetings, conferences, weddings and celebrations alike.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.