Risk, Safety and Security Manager InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Sydney (SYDHA), 117 Macquarie Street, 2000
Job number: 104480
Risk Security & Safety Manager (Full-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
Join us at this incredibly exciting time for our Hotel as Risk, Safety & Security Manager.
Your day to day
This is a standalone role, responsible for developing and maintaining a proactive risk, security and safety program, working closely with the senior operational leadership team to develop a culture of ownership at all levels aligned with the IHG framework, NSW legislation and WorkCover NSW and WorkSafe Australia.
As a Risk & Security Manager, it is your responsibility to lead and embed the Safety, Risk and Security of InterContinental Sydney Hotel for hotel guests and hotel colleagues, ensuring ensure they are maintained through the implementation of legislatively sound and practicably applied policies and practices.
A typical week will include:
- Manage the safety and risk management program and actively participate in Responsible Business Meetings
- Deliver Orientation and other training in relation to risk management, Workplace Health & Safety and emergency procedures
- Ensure all investigations and reports are completed for all guest and colleague incidents such as thefts, loss, accidents and injuries
- Manage the patrols of public areas to detect fires, unsafe conditions and missing or inoperative safety equipment in conjunction with Director of Engineering
- Follow up on daily log entries to ensure security and safety violations have been corrected
What we need from you
- You will have a background of experience in a similar capacity within the Risk, Workplace Health & Safety and security area, ideally within hospitality related background
- Senior First Aid Certificate or higher
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and application of WHS Act & Regulations.
- Certificate III – Security Operations is highly desirable
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate – NSW
- NSW Class C Security License
- Current Driver’s License
- Knowledge of fire systems and detectors
- Demonstrated understanding of WHS practices and principles
- Experience in a learning and development environment
- Competent in use of computers and common software packages
- Ability to demonstrate influencing and consultative skills and strong report writing skills
The scope of this role includes a heavy focus on workplace Health & Safety and wider hotel risk.
It is not just a security manager role, so your experience must include WHS also.
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive Salary
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts platform for all your favourite brands and retailers
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Flexible work options - talk to us about what works for you!
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.