Revenue Analyst - IHG Cairo Citystars
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Egypt, Al Qāhirah, Cairo
Job number: EMEAA28049
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That is where you come in. When you are part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you are more than just a job title. At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Become one of the stars behind the scenes and be part of our exciting complex. At Intercontinental Citystars we are looking for an agile, dynamic and passionate Complex Revenue Analyst.
As an analyst you need to bring your advanced analytics and hunger to drive for results with you. You will work closely with cross-functional departments on projects that leverage advanced analytics and drive business performance. You will actively be responsible for the visibility and impact of operation and draw recommendations to optimize outlet’s performance while identifying key trends.
Don’t just bring your highly analytical and detail-focused work ethic but also bring your business savviness, learning agility, aim to innovate, and eagerness to improve business processes. Interested?
Your day to day
- Support hotel’s yield efforts, via analysis and reporting to ensure that all revenue streams are mined for revenue opportunities based on budget, forecast, pace and market demand.
- Maximize revenue potential and ensure proactive and accurate maintenance and management of all systems: Opera PMS, SBRP, Rates, Inventory and Sales & Catering Systems.
- Foster initiative to perform research and market intelligence through close monitoring of competitor performance, strategies and pricing structures.
- Assist Hotel department heads in preparing short and long-term forecasts for rooms and F&B.
- Ensures that all hotel promotions / packages are tracked.
- Own and validate all required data entry for daily, weekly and monthly reports used for monitoring performance against budget, forecast and actuals. Ensure that the necessary reports are maintained and systematically analyzed.
- Take lead in preparing documents for Weekly RevGen Meetings, providing data in terms of pricing, availability, market demand and promotional opportunities for all segments and outlets.
- Interact effectively with hotel colleagues i.e Restaurant Managers, Chefs, Catering team, Cost controller and income auditor.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Communicate with all hotel department to stay informed and aware of changes related to your area.
- Understand the competition and make recommendations to help the hotel management team respond accordingly.
- Consistently look for new ways of doing thing to overtake the competition.
- Participate in hotel CSR programs conducted by team members.
What we need from you
- University degree or equivalent in Hotel Management or related field.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and problem identification.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret revenue performance data.
- Must effectively manage and adhere to strict daily/weekly/monthly deadlines.
- Familiarization with the hotel operations, Microsoft Office packages, Opera PMS and all distribution channels.
- Understand the dynamics of regional & local markets, as well as local competitors and event.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to operate in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated maturity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities at once.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people.
Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans