Recreation Animator at InterContinental Fujairah Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates
Hotel: Fujairah Resort (FJRAE), Al Aqah Beach, Dibba Road
Job number: 102492
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your Day to Day
As Recreation Animator, you will be responsible for creating an active, creative, out of the box, and entertaining activities in the recreation department for our guests, kids, and teens by maximizing the resort recreation facilities and to create a memorable experience during their stay.
Some of your main role responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the professional running of the daily activity program by being organized and committed to providing excellent entertainment to guests.
- Create innovative activities together with the Recreation Manager and/or Supervisor to provide guests unforgettable experiences.
- Take initiative always to ensure guest safety and satisfaction, being flexible with taking on other responsibilities as and when required by the hotel operation.
- Reports all incidents or other irregularities to the Supervisor immediately.
- Welcome all guests to the recreation area / kids / teens club and ensure the kids are signed in by their parents or legal guardian whilst in the care of recreation staff.
- Ensures all kids and teens club / activities furniture and operating equipment are well maintained.
- Daily cleaning of kids and teens club / recreation facilities, equipment and furniture as per cleaning schedule.
- Abide to departmental policies and procedures.
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar position in a 4* or 5* hotel within Middle East.
- Adequate English language communication skills is required. Arabic/Russian/German speaker will be an advantage.
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.