Hotel Brand: Kimpton (outside the Americas)
Location: United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Hotel: Kimpton - Charlotte Square Hotel
Job number: R204983
Kimpton Charlotte Square are looking for a Night Receptionist to join our growing team....
Kimpton Charlotte Square – located in one of Edinburgh’s most beautiful squares in the New Town, this hotel is a perfect point between old and new. The hotel offers a fresh experience in the centre of the historic city, with a pristine, traditional outside and a buzzing edge inside. The hotel lives as a natural meeting point for the young-at-heart crowd of the city – a place of experimental, discovery and sociability. It inspires guests and locals alike with a face of timeless tradition, and a heart full of life and colour
We are paying £11.50 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion
What’s in for you as a Night Receptionist (just in case you need more persuading)
In our managed Edinburgh properties, you can take full advantage of our £15 a month gym membership, with 20% off all spa treatments.
With 25% off in all restaurants & Bars, within both Kimpton Charlotte Square & InterContinental Edinburgh The George, and an amazing 50% off in Burr & Co coffee shop concept on George Street, you can enjoy all that our guests do at a discounted price.
- £11.50 per annum, Plus Great IHG Perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- An Overnight stay plus 1 when probationary period passed
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Employee healthcare plan
- Access to Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Your day to day
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
Being one of the first points of contact with our guests, our Night Porters will welcome guests in a friendly and warm manner and be there to deliver their luggage to and from their rooms when requested. You will need to collect, record and receipt the storage of guest’s luggage, as well as providing a warm and genuine experience for the guest’s arrival and departure.
To succeed as a Night Receptionist, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and be guest focused
- Previous experience in Receptionist, Guest Relations, Concierge
- Experience with handling guests queries and complaints
- Experience using Opera PMS is a huge advantage
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Night Receptionist, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.