Marketing and Communications Manager
Hotel Brand: Six Senses
Location: BT, Thimphu
Hotel: Bhutan (PBHTB), Chunimeding, Babesa, Chang Gewog, 0000
Job number: 123105
As Marketing and Communications Manager, I will fully comprehend the vision of Six Senses to help people reconnect with themselves, others and the world around them and our values of local sensitivity and global sensibility, crafted experiences, emotional hospitality, responsible and caring, fun and quirky and pioneering wellness.
Sustainability, Wellness and Out of the Ordinary experiences are at the core of everything we do at Six Senses. I will safeguard these pillars and its strategic planning and development and ensure all directives, practices and initiatives are implemented, embraced, adopted within the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Marketing and Communications Manager, I will assume full responsibility for the efficient operation of the Sales & Marketing department to provide exceptional products and services within brand operating standards.
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare public relations budget with Director of Sales and Marketing and manage in pursuance of public relations campaign.
- Create executive innovative public relations and publicity programs that will increase revenue and awareness, creating a positive perception of the hotel, its spa, restaurants, services, hosts.
- Ensure that all hotel promotions are in keeping with Six Senses brand image and reflect the highest level of professionalism in content and presentation.
- Be responsible for directing and assisting the General Manager with all crisis communications as it pertains to the media and external/internal guest during any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the media. Provide timely and accurate responses when queried. Stay abreast of news; launch proactive communications plan internally and share externally.
- Maintain professional relationships with media and gain cooperation and respect to earn a reputation as a source of reliable, newsworthy information.
- Act as an advisory to management by tracking public attitudes and making general manager aware of the possible consequences of prospective decisions.
- Use technology and manage social media platforms effectively to communicate and influence throughout the organization.
- Communicate with Home Office and public relations leaders at “sister resorts” on a regular basis, keep them abreast of news and mutually-beneficial opportunities.
- Control website content and quality
- Maintain contact with Home Office; file monthly reports and inform team of planned events and developments that could be of media value.
- Ensure proper use of corporate identity on printed, promotional and display materials and produce and distribute media releases and advisories.
- Ensure media kits and other Public Relations related material originating from hotel is appropriate, error-free and compliments the brand.
- Manage an effective database and execute organization of all on-property and off-property promotions (F&B events, chef appearances, spa promotions).
- Maintain image files (photos, slides, digital) of the property and hosts.
- Integrate into the hotel’s overall marketing & communications plan and must parallel the primary revenue objectives of the hotel/resort.
- Ensure that every communications action should strive to impact the hotel’s revenue objectives and be directed towards a specific goal.
- Instill a cost-focused philosophy through training and education.
- Operate the property consistent with all legal, statutory and financial requirements and documentation, reporting systems, contractual obligations, security and safety protocols, communications, product and service standards, host management practices and budgetary controls are implemented, reviewed and maintained to ensure the successful operation of the hotel.
To execute the position of Marketing and Communications Manager, I must have the required qualifications, technical skills and experience in a similar role in luxury hotels with proven results and includes the following:
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Marketing, Journalism or Communications and more than five years’ experience in a marketing and communications role in travel, hospitality or luxury goods background, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in English.
The above is intended to provide an overview of the role and responsibilities for a Marketing and Communications Manager at Six Senses Bhutan. It is not and does not infer that the above is an inclusive and/or exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities inherent in the position.
Six Senses Bhutan is an equal opportunity employer. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.