Kitchen Internship - Kimpton Vividora Barcelona
Hotel Brand: Kimpton
Hotel: Vividora Hotel (BCNKI), Carrer del Duc 15
Job number: 100187
Kimpton Vividora, located in the Gothic Quarter brings the boutique concept created in the US by Kimpton in 1981, with 156 rooms designed to provide the Kimpton experience to our guests.
In Kimpton you can:
- Be yourself: Who you are is who we are. So, bring the real you. The best and ever-improving version of you. Bring your background, your personality, your individuality, your creativity. It’s those just-you qualities that make it more personal for you, and our guests.
- Lead yourself: We support you, and you support we. We trust you to give it your all, take initiative, do right when no one’s watching, find creative new ways to delight guests and co-workers. We trust you to learn, grow and continually improve at whatever you do.
- Make it count: As long as we’re here, why not make lives better? Yours and our guests. We care for both, and we pursue every chance we can to create a ridiculously personal experience (aka. A Kimpton Moment) every day. That focus and passion gives our work meaning. What you do matters. You matter.
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
What’s the internship?
As kitchen intern you’ll be preparing all the dishes according to our menu and services as well as thinking of new ways to improve our service.
You’ll be supervised by the Chef and the kitchen team.
• Preparation of the daily service and the mise-en-place.
• Cleaning and maintenance of your work area and the kitchenware.
• Appropriate use of work machines and individual protection equipment.
• Correct storage of the prepared products in the appropriate chamber and identification of the preparation date.
• Annotating the necessary products for the next service.
• Proper order, cleaning and maintenance of your work area.
• Compliance of the environmental policy.
What we need from you
• Currently studying a bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related field.
• Previous hotel knowledge and experience in operational departments will be valuable.
• Proactive, positive, energetic, dynamic, emphatic, team-worker and with passion for the culinary area.
What to expect from us
• 300€ gross monthly.
• Training programmes and access to IHG’s training tool.
• Meals included on shift.
• Laundry service for the uniform.
• Cool environment and lots of fun!
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.