Housekeeping Supervisor - Hotel Indigo San Diego
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, California, San Diego
Hotel: San Diego-Gaslamp Quarter (SANIS), 509 9th Avenue, 92101
Job number: 110608
Supervise and inspect the work of assigned room and/or public area attendants to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel and company business objectives.
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
- Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
- Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
- Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
- Control expenses and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Monitor performance and recommend disciplinary action in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Inspect all assigned areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action. Provide adequate retraining as needed.
- Assist with scheduling and room assignments to ensure proper coverage.
- Inspect storage rooms and room attendant carts for neatness, cleanliness, adequate supplies, and good repair.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties such as filling out supply requisitions, maintenance request forms, and updating log books, etc.
- May perform all housekeeping duties necessary including makings beds and vacuuming and cleaning guest rooms to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent plus 1-2 years housekeeping experience, preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity, including some supervisory training/experience. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when compiling departmental records, logs, or paperwork.
- Basic mathematical skills are used occasionally.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The hourly range of pay for this role is $19.00 - $21.25. This is only applicable for jobs to be performed in San Diego, CA. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k, and any other benefits to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through the link below (or through internal career site if you are a current employee).
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.