Hostess - InterContinental Residences Abu Dhabi
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates
Hotel: Residences Abu Dhabi (AUHIC), Zayed The First Street, Building 1
Job number: 110640
We are looking for a Hostess who will ensure the smooth conduct of the shift through customer focused service delivery and effective staff supervision. Promotes the desired work culture around the fivewinning ways – Aim higher, Work better together; celebrate the difference, Do the right thing & Show we care
A little taste of your day-to-day
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be delivering:
- Gain understanding of the departmental goals and financial targets and support your Line Manager to achieve these targets
- Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures where appropriate
- Participate in staff recruitment
- Conduct on the job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures and maintains a record of progress for each staff member
- Provide input for performance review discussions in line with company guidelines
- Ensure new staff complete their Orientation program on a timely basis
- Assist with the preparation of efficient departmental work schedules
- Coach and counsel staff in breach of hotel policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- In the absence of your Manager, conduct effective staff briefings to communicate guest requirements and shift priorities.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
- Being attentive to guests.
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest’s requests.
- Anticipate guest’s needs.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the guest experience.
- Demonstrating a ‘service’ attitude.
- Ideally will have experience in a guest facing role for a minimum of 12 months within U.A.E Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong Organizational skills
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Able to work flexible hour
- Ability to stand for long hours
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.