Franchise Hotel - Telephone Operator
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Holiday Inn - Dubai - Al Barsha - (DUBHI)
Job number: FRDUBHI1050
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Holiday Inn Dubai – Al Barsha offers 309 Non-Smoking Rooms in various categories starting from Deluxe, Executive Rooms, comfortable living & working 1-2 Bedroom Suites and the Club Rooms with Club Lounge Access.
Holiday Inn Dubai Al Barsha is conveniently located between both Dubai Airports with easy access to the Mashreq Metro Station and walking distance to one of Dubai’s landmarks ‘The Mall of the Emirates’. The Expo Centre can be reached in less than 30 mins either via Metro, Shuttle Buses from the Mall or by car from the hotel.
Our business travelers will find the opportunity to choose between the well-equipped Business Center or the meeting and conference facilities with beautiful daylight setting and event & catering services, if required. Our property consists of 3 dining outlets, An Indian cuisine restaurant named Gharana, a Thai cuisine restaurant The Royal Budha and an International cuisine offering restaurant The Gem Garden. We also 3 bars in-house, Xennya Terrace a Rooftop bar, The Q- Sports bar and Bodega Garage a Filipino bar.
Your day to day
We are currently looking for young, dynamic, self-motivated, and willing to take challenges and be part of the Team;
· Answers incoming calls and place outgoing calls as per Holiday Inn Al Barsha SOPs.
· Takes guest’s message(s), enter them into the computer (Opera), print through the Bell Desk’s printer, fix a message light to the room and follow up with the Bellboy.
· Operates the “paging system” of the Hotel to the required procedure.
· Reports / log all faults which occur / takes place in the hotel’s switchboard and the system.
· Makes Operator assistance calls for in-house guests as per standard. Prepare vouchers and post them.
· Be aware of Business / Local Directories, and also information book for Embassies, Consulates, Companies, Airlines, Banks, Hospitals, Schools, and Restaurant etc.
· Calls the Doctor if requested by Duty Manager and log correctly.
· Be aware of daily functions, locations, timings and opening time of all outlets.
· Updates VIP Board and Priority Club Member’s list on a daily basis.
· Takes guest wake-up calls and log in Wake-Up Call Sheet. Fix alarm accordingly.
· Hands over shift according to each shift.
What we need from you
Experience and Skills:
· Previous hotel-related experience desired
· Knowledge of centralized telephone systems
· Skills in the operation of telephone equipment
· Skills in dealing diplomatically with the public under stressful conditions. Knowledge of personal and methods of updating databases.
What we offer
Competitive salary & benefits as per company policy.