F&B Supervisor - Sirocco - Holiday Inn & Suites® Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai Festival City (DXBHB), PO 45777, 45777
Job number: 119370
First impressions count. To get our guests’ memorable experiences off to an unforgettable start, we’re looking for a F&B Supervisor who can make transactions feel seamless, offer exceptional local insights, and anticipate every request to make our guests feel right at home.
Do you see yourself as a F&B Supervisor for Holiday Inn & Suites® Dubai Festival City?
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn & Suites®, we make guests smile.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn & Suites® family.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn & Suites. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day
- In the absence of a manager, conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- Ensure restaurant operating equipment is clean and in working order
- Maintain impeccable uniform and personal presentation standards in accordance with hotel policy
- Endeavour to resolve all complaints during shift and logs all complaints in log book for further follow up
- Supervise cash handling and banking procedures
- Prepare daily banking and cash flow reports
- Establish and instruct staff in cash security procedures
- Deal with irregular payments
- Supervise the maintenance of service equipment
- Monitor standards of guest facilities and services
- Control stock and monitor security procedures
- Train and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage in your section
- Supervise functions
- Supervise outlet service
- Deliver reasonable tasks as instructed by Manager
- Perform any reasonable tasks as instructed by Manager
What we need from you
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and in different functions
- Warm and inviting personality
- Ability to think calmly under pressure
- Willingness to learn open-mindedly
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule and responds positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you
- Passion of food and curiosity for something new
- Basic organisation skills in restaurant operation
What you can expect from us
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.