F&B Captain - Pierre's - Food and Beverage Service - InterContinental® Hotel Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates
Hotel: Dubai Festival City (DXBHB), PO 45777
Job number: 102928
Do you see yourself as a F&B Captain for Pierre's at InterContinental Hotel® Dubai Festival City?
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day
As a Captain you are responsible to provide professional and customer focused service to our guests, ensuring their stay will become a memorable experience.
- Perform all necessary tasks according to the standard of performance manual of the hotel.
- Greet customers and serve them in a professional & personalised way.
- Acquire in depth knowledge of the food & beverage menus of the assigned outlet in order to assist and provide advice and recommendations when required to guests.
- Consistently monitor quality of food being served.
- Practice good customer relations and attend to customer complaints / queries promptly.
- Responsible for maintaining hygiene and cleanliness standards and records in the restaurant
- Ensure the restaurant is set-up in time for service and supervise for a smooth operation.
- Direct and supervise the waiting team to ensure that all duties are performed in line with company standards.
- Ensure that all waiting team have received adequate training to perform their duties.
- Ensure proper organization, planning and control of supplies and maintain concise record of all beverage stock in order to ensure that the required is available, use of par levels.
- Ensure minimum wastage, breakage and spoilage and that records are kept up to date.
- Actively use up selling techniques by exceeding guest expectations and to increase revenue
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment.
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
What we need from you
Below is a list minimum skills, knowledge and abilities required to competently perform the job including educational background and work experience and any legal qualifications. Preferred job specifications should not disqualify candidates without them from consideration for the role.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Great communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining a calm attitude when required
- Accommodating of different nationalities, religions, backgrounds and beliefs.
- Provide support to positions both above and below.
- Responsible cash handling and accurate recording of financial reports both opening and closing.
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Display empathy to guests and colleagues
- Work safely and in a manner that is mindful of the environment
- Assist and support colleagues in daily duties
- Work to achieve goals and targets set by line manager
- Coach waiting team and check records and duties have been completed to a satisfactory standard.
- Reporting of equipment failure to correct department.
- Maintaining cleanliness around the restaurant and bar.
- Completion of required checklists to a high standard
What you can expect from us
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.