Duty Manager - InterContinental Perth City Centre
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth
Hotel: Perth City Centre (PERHA), 815 Hay Street, 6000
Job number: 106100
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts is one of the world's leading hotel companies. Present in around 100 countries, we have over 160 million guests staying in 889,164 rooms in more than 6,000 hotels per year.
You'll know some or all of our 18 hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Regent, Six Senses, Hotel Indigo, Avid Hotels, Atwell Suites, Voco, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN Hotels and HUALUXE Hotels and Resorts as well as Kimpton Hotels.
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
InterContinental Perth City Centre opened in October 2017 and is a 240-room design orientated hotel in the heart of Perth's CBD.
Your day to day
We are looking for a Duty Manager (Hotel Services Assistant Manager) to join our charming, confident and internationally minded team. Reporting directly to the Front Office Manager, you'll have ambition, talent and obviously some key skills. Because, for this vital role, were looking for someone who will be involved in all pertinent matters affecting guest service and hotel operations to ensure guests receive prompt attention and personal recognition throughout the hotel.
As Duty Manager you would be responsible for responding to guest needs; resolving any issues that may arise; supervising and supporting Colleagues across the operation during busy periods; greeting; farewelling guests; conducting daily departmental briefings and providing input for regular team meetings. You will also play an integral part in leading and developing the team through training and development.
You will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the hotel guests and communicating with Hotel Senior Leadership Team in the event of any serious emergency, security or health & safety matter.
What we need from you
For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who:
- At least 1 years’ supervisory / leadership experience within a Hospitality Operation.
- You'll be an approachable person and have a real passion for providing connecting and seamless service to ensure a memorable guest experience.
- Dynamic, vibrant, confident and professional personality.
- Strong knowledge of a hotel property management system such as Opera.
- Excellent customer relations, problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal and willingness to manage multiple tasks, conflicting deadlines and varying guest situations.
- Professional standard of personal presentation, fitting of a luxury brand.
All candidates must also.....
- Ongoing availability to work rostered shifts across 24 hrs roster, including weekends and public holidays.
- Unlimited and unrestricted working rights for Australia.
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Discounted CBD carparking access
- Free meals on shift
- Laundered uniform supplied
- Paid birthday leave - hip hip hooray!
- Paid parental leave
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers - to help your salary/wage go further
- Most importantly, your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of leave entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Perth City Centre and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.