Doorperson (Full-time & Part-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Sydney (SYDHA), 117 Macquarie Street, 2000
Job number: 100222
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
We invite you to join us at this incredibly exciting time for our Hotel, as part of our Concierge team with full-time and part-time Doorperson positions available.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Your day to day
As our talented Doorperson, you will provide a warm welcome that begins a memorable experience for our guests to the sincere farewell on departure; you are well and truly the heart of our hotel.
This is a varied role where your day may include:
- Greeting arriving guests on our Hotel entrance way
- Assisting them with bags and directions to check in
- Parking guests cars if you have a current Australian License
- Assisting guests with hailing taxis or ubers or giving directions for their destination
- Delivering and picking up bags from guests room
This is a busy and varied guest facing roles with connection to all departments across the Hotel. Your personal presentation and ability to take ownership and resolve any issue or request which will be the key to creating a seamless, luxury experience for our guests.
Our Concierge & Welcome Ambassador team is supportive and will provide plenty of training, mentoring and coaching opportunities for you to excel in these roles.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What we need from you
- Ability to work in guest facing role, you enjoy working with the public and in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail & commitment to high standards - we are a Luxury Hotel experience
- Ability to lift, push and pull large objects up to 23kgs
- Valid unrestricted Australian driver’s license would be great, however essential
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia
- Experience in a similar role dealing with customers is preferred but not essential
- Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Flexible work options to ensure balance and well being
- Paid birthday leave - hip hip hooray!
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Free meals on shift
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers
- Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.