Door Person / Luggage Porter
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Hotel: Intercontinental - Edinburgh The George (EDIGS)
Job number: R201608
InterContinental Edinburgh The George has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Door Person or Luggage Porter...
InterContinental® Edinburgh The George has been welcoming hotel guests since 1881 where it is nested in the UNESCO World Heritage area of the beautiful and cultured city of Edinburgh. At its heart are five listed Georgian townhouses, built in 1775 as homes for Edinburgh’s most prosperous citizens and with proud connections with literacy legends such as Robbie Burns and Sir Walker Scott. Today, The InterContinental Edinburgh The George offers all luxuries the service and luxury of an InterContinental® life, with charming character in our rooms, our own Printing Press Bar & Restaurant, very own Burr & Co Coffee Shop and enchanting hospitality throughout.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Door Person or Luggage Porter to join our highly successful team here at InterContinental Edinburgh The George. To be successful in this role you will need to be confident and an engaging communicator ensuring inspirational service is delivered to our guests.
The role of Door Person or Luggage Porter will be integral to the success of The Concierge team as they will support and offer excellent concierge services to our guest during their visit to The hotel.
You will be responsible for assisting our guests with taxi bookings, reservations, and general enquiries.
We are paying £10.50 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
At Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the Intercontinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
Door Person, receive some great benefits:
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world
- £21,840.00 (£10.50 per hour– Every Hour Worked Paid!)
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Your day to day
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. This is a guest facing role, where you play a vital part in delivering a superior guest experience from Greeting Guests in to assisting with guest luggage every day is different at InterContinental.
To succeed as a Luggage Porter or Door Person, you will need:
- Experience working in a similar role within a property of similar size
- To be a keen team-worker, confident working with others
- To have a focus on customer service - always striving to provide the best service to Guests!
- Impeccable presentation and a passion for detail
- Most importantly...willing to get stuck in and help out your immediate and wider Hotel team!
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Luggage Porter or Door Person, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.