Director Of Human Resources
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Kuwait, CO, Farwaniya Block 6
Hotel: Kuwait Al Thuraya City (KWIKW), Street 103, 81006
Job number: 113711
What will it be like to work for IHG?
About us IHG® is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. Making everyone feel welcome and cared for, recognized and respected, whoever and wherever they are in the world. Our brands are well-known and loved the world over - Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN® Hotels, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Voco™ hotels, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Holiday Inn Resort®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites®. Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organization, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. We give you room to be yourself.
What will I be doing?
- Create programmes to foster a positive work environment for all employees. Support and administer an annual team member satisfaction survey
- Educate and train managers on HR disciplines to foster productivity and enhance performance
- Welcome and conduct new team member orientation
- Oversee maintenance of accurate and up-to-date personnel files and records for all employees
- Ensure hiring standards and applicable laws and regulations are followed
- Build great relations with outside contacts
- Help create and work within the HR budget.
- Monitor staffing and labour standards to manage costs
- Mitigate financial risks associated with employee relations issues
- Identify and analyse local compensation and benefits practices to ensure financial competitiveness
- Develop creative ways to inspire and motivate team members to provide guests with a unique experience
- Make time to interact with guests to hear feedback and build relationships to understand how team members can increase guest satisfaction
- Work with department managers to develop initiatives to reach service standards and drive continuous improvement in the guest experience.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community and promote team member involvement in local community
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and hotel or company policies and procedures
- Research and investigate all workplace issues to discover facts, identify potential risks to the hotel or company, and facilitate resolution through your employee relations programmes
- Collect and maintain data from exit interviews, turnover statistics, absenteeism reports to identify trends, training needs, and supervisory issues
- In a union environment, may manage labour relations and represent the hotel in grievances, mediations, arbitrations and contract negotiation
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- This is the top HR role in a large, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with extensive facilities and services, a number of major outlets, and catering and convention facilities. Typically manages HR colleagues and admin team
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent
- 4 years’ of related experience in HR
- Some supervisory experience also preferred
- Professional HR designation preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to the extent possible in all HR related matters
- Must speak local language(s)
- Other languages preferred
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.