Demi chef de Partie - InterContinental Residences Abu Dhabi
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates
Hotel: Residences Abu Dhabi (AUHIC), Zayed The First Street, Building 1
Job number: 110630
We are looking for a Demi Chef de Partie who will support the Section Chef by preparing, presenting, storing and serving a selection of dishes. Promotes the desired work culture around the five winning ways – Aim higher, Work better together, Celebrate the difference, Do the right thing & Show we care.
A little taste of your day-to-day
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be delivering:
- Provides direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis II, Commis III and Stewards.
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment and other relevant information.
- Makes sure that all staff are following and maintaining the highest quality standards of operation in accordance with the hotel service procedures and standards.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
- Being attentive to guests.
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest’s requests.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the guest experience.
- Demonstrating a ‘service’ attitude.
- Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
- Performs other duties as required by the outlet chef.
- Gain understanding of the departmental goals and financial targets and support your Line Manager to achieve these targets.
- Conduct on the job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures and maintains a record of progress for each staff member
- Provide input for performance review discussions in line with company guidelines Ensure new staff complete their Orientation program on a timely basis
- Assist with the preparation of efficient departmental work schedules Coach and counsel staff in breach of hotel policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- In the absence of your Manager, conduct effective staff briefings to communicate guest requirements and shift priorities.
- In order to be considered for this role you should hold a recognized hotel diploma and at least 1 year experience in a similar role.
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.