Conference & Events Sales Coordinator
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Switzerland, Geneva, Geneve
Switzerland, Geneva, Geneva
Hotel: InterContinental - Geneve (GVAHA)
Job number: EMEAA34186
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
Awarded the Great Place to Work certificate since 2020, our two properties, InterContinental Genève and Crowne Plaza Geneva are proud to offer an inclusive, supportive and stimulating work environment. Our diverse teams are the secret to our success. We encourage each and every one to develop their potential through internal mobility opportunities, training and on-the-job learning.
Your day to day
Join us as a Conference & Events Sales Coordinator:
For InterContinental Genève and Crowne Plaza Geneva, your main duties will be to:
- Plan, up-sell and coordinate function details with clients to include but not limited to space requirements, meeting times, equipment, menus, billing, etc.
- Prepare and execute sales/catering contracts, event orders, group resumes to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfactions.
- Assist with creating BEO for any events.
- Ensure the right coordination of the events within the hotel and actively participate to optimize the revenue.
- Be the point of contact for the operational departments to make sure every details of the client request have been taken into consideration.
- Make pre-convention and post-convention meetings with the clients.
- Be available during the event and manage any client complaint.
- Make post event calls to ascertain the satisfaction of our clients and facilitate a new booking with us.
- Check the accuracy of invoicing.
- Generate and process requests for records and reports.
What we need from you
With a degree in higher education in Hospitality, you have minimum 3 years of experience in a front office or banqueting department in a conference hotel of the same category and capacity or in catering with high volume. Having previously worked with Delphi and Opera is desirable and ideally, you have completed your experience with a Sales position in a hotel environment.
You are fluent in French and English. Mastering German or another foreign language of one of our target markets (China, India, Italy, Middle East, Netherlands, Russia) is highly desirable.
Highly responsible and reliable, you are an efficient team player and are acknowledged for your excellent relationship with your team and your clients. Results oriented and well-organized, you are used to work in a fast-paced environment and you have demonstrated Sales skills.
This position is opened to Swiss citizens and EU passport holders.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us: all applications are welcome.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve. Visit http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us and apply.