Commis 2 - InterContinental Residences Abu Dhabi
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates
Hotel: Residences Abu Dhabi (AUHIC), Zayed The First Street, Building 1
Job number: 110635
We are looking for a Commis 2 who will support the Food and Beverage Preparation team by performing support duties including mise en place of food preparation, set up of food equipment and assisting with the preparation of mise en place. Promotes the desired work culture around the fivewinning ways – Aim higher, Work better together, Celebrate the difference, Do the right thing & Show we care. A little taste of your day-to-day
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be delivering:
- Gain understanding of the departmental goals and financial targets and support your Line Manager to achieve these targets.
- Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures where appropriate.
- Adheres to personal grooming and hygiene standards.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
- Comply with Hotel Rules and Regulations and provisions contained in the Employment Handbook.
- Comply with Company Grooming Standards.
- Comply with Time and Attendance Policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self development.
- Comply with the company’s corporate Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Offer assistance to colleague when required, to ensure designated work goals are met.
- Demonstrate trust, support and respect towards team members in day-to-day work activities.
- Seek assistance from other team members, supervisors and managers when required
- In order to be considered for this role you should hold a recognized hotel diploma and at least 1-year experience in a similar role.
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.