Chef de Partie
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: New Zealand
Hotel: Wellington (WLGGS), 2 Grey Street
Job number: 110657
- An opportunity to grow and develop your career with a global hotel company
- Free duty meals, laundered uniform and paid birthday off
- Access to hotel discounts worldwide
Adjacent to Wellington’s waterfront, InterContinental Wellington is the most centrally-located and experienced global five-star hotel in New Zealand’s capital city. InterContinental Wellington is host to outstanding culinary excellence and an array of 5 F&B outlets to suit every occasion.
Your day to day
You'll be responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with our portion and quality standards. You will also be required to control food usage to minimize waste, maintain a clean, safe and tidy work environment and communicate with staff in other departments. You'll have the ability to provide innovative, authentic and enriching culinary experiences to our guests.
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team players who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations. To be successful you will need:
- A strong team player attitude
- You'll need demonstrated experience in a similar role ideally in a large hotel or commercial kitchen
- A minimum of 3 years kitchen experience since completing your qualifications (diploma or equivalent)
- You'll need to be able to keep calm during the pressures of service,
- Impeccable time management skills
- An eye for detail & a strong sense of urgency
- Flexibility to work a range of hours, which includes but is not limited to afternoons, evenings & public holidays
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including:
- paid birthday leave
- full training provided
- daily laundered uniform
- additional parental leave benefits
- flexible work options
- proactive health days
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further. We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.