Butler - InterContinental Singapore
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: Singapore (SINHB), 80 Middle Road, 188966
Job number: 103781
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
- Reports directly to and communicates with the Head Butler on all pertinent matters relating to guest services and Hotel operations.
- Develops and implement upon a high level of InterContinental Butler Experience grounded on detailed standard operating procedures and service sequence across the Hotel; creating a culture of operational excellence and guest priority.
- Prides upon the curation of bespoke experiences to the requests of our Guests, and delivery of experiences with renowned partners in the delivery of most memorable experiences for esteemed Guests of InterContinental Singapore.
- Executing upon key butler responsibilities across all facets of the guest experience; performed with an intuitive and anticipative service sequence with flair.
- Management of and development of leadership within Hotel Butler Team, supporting the Head Butler in driving and creation of strategic action plans for Butlers’ performance in accordance with Guest Love index, Quality Audits and pre-determined Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensures complete resolution of guest feedback and thoroughness in recording of feedback and preferences of all guests.
- Key point of contact for Guests across guest journey (pre arrival, during stay and post departure).
- Works closely with all section within the hotel in ensuring a most seamless delivery of all guest experiences across the Hotel.
- Supports the Uniformed Services Team in driving excellent guest experience.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory levels, maintenance and general upkeep of equipment and operating supplies.
- Support the Front Office team in increasing occupancy and average daily rates through walk-ins and up selling at Front Desk.
- Assists in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversees their implementation.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all internal customers and guests in order to exceed their needs.
- Assists in planning for future staffing needs and recruiting in line with company guidelines; including preparation of detailed onboarding program for new Colleagues.
- Provides input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Fosters a work environment where ideals and suggestions assistance is dealt with, and with whom may then cascade the needful in principal.
- Schedule and regularly conducts routine inspections of area under his/her control.
- Controls and monitors departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against Hotel’s rolling forecast and official budget.
- Monitor budget and control labor costs and expenses with a focus on rate strategy, building initiatives and inventory management.
- In conjunction with the Emergency Response Team prepare emergency procedures upon advice from relevant authority that cover such emergencies as Fire, Power Outrage, Bomb Threat, Cyclone Warnings, etc
- May also serve and support the team as Concierge
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
Bachelor’s degree/ Higher education qualification/ Equivalent in hotel management/ Business Administration, minimum of 1 years of Butler experience with Team management records within a luxury estate. Excellent communication skills in English, proficiency in other languages will be an advantage. Strong butler and Front Office skills and knowledge recommended.
Possesses strong interpersonal skills, ability to lead, direct, develop and motivate Team to Aim Higher and Drive Results in guest experiences and financial returns. An eye for detail and attention, with a strong service orientation. Proficient under pressure, resolute and creative in problem solving with strong self-motivation and delegation skills.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Strong eye for detail and delivery of service excellence across all operational facets of the guest experience.
- Active involvement in operations across all facets of the guest experience as a dedicated Butler.
- Appreciation for Food & Beverage offerings, and provision of excellent Food & Beverage service standards with food handling certification
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when writing professionally to guests, completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, specialized training and/or certifications, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
WHAT WE OFFER
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including:
- 5-days work week
- Duty Meal
- Uniforms/ Laundry Services
- Midnight Transportation
- Birthday Off
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Flexi Benefit
- Insurance Coverage
- 50% F&B discount at Hotel’s selected Restaurant
- Special Employee rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 6000 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.