Apprentice Chefs - all levels (Full Time) Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Terrigal
Hotel: Terrigal Pacific (TERAS), Pine Tree Lane, 2260
Job number: 101349
At Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make business travel work. That's where you come in.
When you're part of the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you're more than just a job title. At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too!
The Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific is located opposite spectacular Terrigal Beach on the Central Coast of NSW, just one hour north of Sydney.
If you are just starting on your culinary journey or looking for career development within an International hotel company that whet's your appetite, no matter your level we would love to hear from you..
A little taste of your day-to-day
Our iconic hotel is seeking a talented Apprentice Chefs of all levels to join our culinary team. If you're keen to create different styles of cuisine, learn tricks of the trade and work with a tight-knit, creative team - then this role is the next step in your culinary career.
The kitchen team will deliver innovative and guest focused menus, on seasonal rotation, across the hotels Seasalt Restaurant, Lord Ashley Bar, newly renovated event spaces and the "best pub on the coast" Terrigal Beach House.
Your culinary passion and creativity will flow through into your presentation and you’ll pride yourself on delivering a fantastic culinary experience for guests, with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and consistency. Our team of Chef's bring a wealth of international and local experience and look forward to sharing it with the junior members of the team.
What we need from you
• Strong – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 23 kg. This can involve bending and kneeling
• Literate – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing and basic math
• Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
• Compliant – as well as meeting local laws on food handling, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
• Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to • Experienced – have some experience in a similar environment
This full-time opportunity is for someone who will be committed to both work and study, as you work towards the completion of a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
To be eligible to work as an apprentice in New South Wales you must either have:
- Australian Citizenship
- Australian Permanent Residency
- New Zealand Passport Holder residing in Australia for more than six months
You must meet the legal requirements to work in Australia.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.