Food Runner (Full Time) - InterContinental Houston
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Texas, Houston
Hotel: Houston (HOUIT), 6750 Main Street, 77030
Job number: 123729
- Provide warm, friendly, courteous and efficient food & beverage services to all clients ensuring guest satisfaction and an excellent dining experience.
- Assist the restaurant service team to perform the food delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
- To prepare all necessary accompaniments to go with the order from pantry.
- To prepare the setup of food delivery.
- To clean the table, clear soiled plates and glasses.
- To report any problem situation or special guest request to pantry staff immediately so as to ensure that prompt action is taken.
- To have a full understanding of restaurant floor plan.
- To have a full understanding of food service standards and product knowledge.
- Maintain professional grooming standards and personal hygiene in accordance with hotel policy at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned by superior to meet business needs.
- All relevant hotel safety guidelines and procedures outlined in the employee handbook or training documentations have to be followed at all times.
- Compliance with company regulations, policies and procedures at all times.
- Above High School Education
- Minimum of one year experience in similar position
- Great communication skills in English
- The strength to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg) which can also involve bending and kneeling
- A good grasp of reading, writing and basic math
- The flexibility to work night, weekend, and holiday shifts
- Compliance with local laws on food handling and serving alcohol – you’ll need to be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.