Steward - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: Los Angeles Downtown (LAXHC), 900 Wilshire Boulevard, 90017
Номер роботи: USA22811
Do you see yourself as a Steward? What's your passion? At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Clean and sanitize plateware, silverware, glassware, pots & pans, utensils and equipment, and work area in a timely manner.
- Set up work station as required to include filling dish machine, checking chemical levels, presoaking, and gathering required set-up equipment for appropriate work stations. Replenish as needed for all shifts. Rinse/scrape all dishes. Operate dishwashing machine to manufacturer specifications and instructions. Place clean dishes in assigned storage location.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Catering, Banquets, Outlets, and Maintenance.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Clean designated equipment, such as hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, kitchen cafeteria dump site/compactor area as assigned. Use and dispose of kitchen substances (such as grease) and kitchen chemicals properly
- Empty and clean trash cans when they become full; transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dump sites; adhere to recycling regulations
- Set up and monitor the pot sink according to procedures
- Sweep and mop kitchen floor at the end of each meal period and after each spill
- Monitor chemicals and water temperature during shift. Clean and organize associated work area and kitchen equipment according to procedures to maximize efficiency.
- May assist with other duties as assigned
What we need from you
Basic reading, writing and math skills.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen or other designated areas
- Handling, objects, products, chemicals, cleaning supplies and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communicating with other people, following instructions
- Reading abilities are utilized often when reading chemical or machine labels or operating instructions
- Basic mathematical skills are used to mix chemical solutions
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.