Truly memorable restaurant experiences don’t just come from delicious dishes, fine dining and exquisite ambiance. Which is why we’re searching for a new Restaurant Server confident in delivering unforgettable experiences through a warm welcome, inspired recommendations and seamless service from starter to dessert and beyond.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Read daily events, to acknowledge any VIP’s arrivals.
- Must know all menu items, their garnishes, contents and preparation methods and be able to relay that information to guests in a polite and concise way if asked
- Present children's menus when appropriate, and describe specials and alternative cuisine
- Serve and clear food and beverage items in an unobtrusive and professional manner
- Utilize the POS system to ring up sales, print checks, close checks and complete cash-out procedures
- Carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver
- Ascertain guests’ satisfaction and handle any problem which may arise, informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved
- Follow cash and credit card procedures according to the guidelines of the accounting department
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly restaurant throughout service
- Polish silver, refill salt, pepper and sugar, creamers, etc
- Ensure that work station is stocked with appropriate condiments at all times
- Report any guest comments regarding food and beverage to manager
- Conscientious handling and maintenance of operating equipment
- Learn and adhere to safety, sanitation and hygiene policies
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues, and all other departments
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets and hotel services/features
- Perform opening/closing side duties as assigned and set all tables according to standards
- Report to manager any kinds of deviation from set standard and procedures
- Ensure that all service and storage areas are kept safe and clean
- Help minimize waste, neglect, breakages and mishandling of supplies and equipment
- Carry out light cleaning and maintenance of the outlet
- Assist other Food & Beverage Outlets in their operations during peak hours if needed
What We need from you:
● The strength tp lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23kg) which can also involve bending and kneeling
● A good grasp of reading, writing and basic math
● The flexibility to working night, weekend and holiday shifts
● Strive for excellence in an eager and motivated manner
● Possess the ability to work under pressure
● Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
● Great communication, you;ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental®️ brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.