Restaurant Manager, Luce (Michelin) - InterContinental San Francisco
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
Hotel: San Francisco (SFOHB), 888 Howard Street, 94103
Job number: 101858
As Restaurant Manager of Luce, you’ll manage food and beverage operations to ensuring quality service and standards are maintained to deliver a memorable guest experience. Always following government regulations concerning health, safety or other requirements.
A little bit about your day
- Manage everyday activity, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers.
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues.
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect.
- Recommend or initiate any HR-related actions where needed.
- Make sure all food and beverage equipment is in operational condition and regularly cleaned.
- Make sure all food and beverage facilities are clean and properly stocked to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Help guests with their requests and complaints - making sure you maintain a high level of guest satisfaction
- Make sure food and drinks are secure and stored safely - always keep stock replenished to minimize waste
- Other ad-hoc duties - unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage and labor costs.
- Working with the food & beverage team, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue.
- Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for guests at a good value.
- Make sure credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner.
What we need from you
Ability to manager a large number of colleagues across multiple outlets (Bar, All-Day dining, Fine Dining, In-Room Dining, etc.).
- Minimum of two years managing in a fine dining setting required. Candidates with Michelin Star and or Forbes Five-Star restaurant experience will receive priority consideration.
- Some college and/or advanced training in food and beverage management
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field preferred
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card, as required by local law
What you can expect from us
The salary range for this role is $80,000 to $90,000. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed at InterContinental San Francisco. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
You can apply for this role through the link below (or through internal career site if you are a current employee).
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.