Cluster Executive Assistant Manager i/c of F&B - InterContinental Abu Dhabi
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Hotel: Abu Dhabi (AUHHA), King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud Street,, 4171
Job number: 111175
We are looking for a EAM incharge of Food & Beverage who will provide leadership direction to the hotels by maximising financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining memorable guest experiences, executing on brand standards, and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community. You may need to act as the General Manager in his absence.
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be delivering:
A little taste of your day-to-day as F&B Senior Leader:
- Direct the management of operations & profitability in the restaurants, bars, catering & events
- Oversee the management of the kitchen operations by the Executive Chef and his team
- Oversee the management of catering & events operations
- Study the competitive set and benchmark own products for continuous product and service improvement
- Role model innovation and creativity to the entire F&B team in making the Hotel & Residences restaurants & bars competitive and well loved in the market
- Follow social media and own ranking accordingly
- Plan & Execute actions to help in achievement of F&B related metrics
- Communicate regularly with food and beverage staff and ensure effective staff communication channels are conducted
- Provide a professional, advisory and executive support service to the Cluster General Manager to assist in meeting strategic goals
- Establish systems which monitor the achievement of departmental goals
- Ensure compliance with business operations and hospitality laws
- Work with Sales & Marketing to manage the development of new products and services
- Develop quality management systems.
- Manage staff within the hotel’s organization structure and human resource and hotel policies
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work efficiently
As Cluster Executive Assistant Manager
- Help the Cluster General Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotel to ensure optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability
- Make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the hotel and/or company and brand loyalty
- Direct everyday activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Recommend or initiate any HR related actions where needed
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication
- Interact with guests and outside contacts including, current and potential clients, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors local community members
- Make sure the hotel delivers the highest level of guest satisfaction through superb guest services and amenities
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with the hotel’s or owner’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Maintain relations with outside contacts
- Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community
- Drive team member involvement in community organisations, activities and businesses
- Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration
- Three years’ Senior F&B Direction experience in a high-level luxury operations role
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.