Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Ohio, Cleveland
Hotel: Cleveland (CLEHA), 9801 Carnegie Avenue, 44106
Job number: 100937
We believe every plate tells a story. So, we’re searching for a Pastry Chef with a palate for serving up truly memorable moments. Whenever and wherever our guests choose to dine. Behind the scenes, you’ll ensure quality, maintain high standards and keep the pastry kitchen running smoothly.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
● Making your pastries a feast for the eyes and treat for the taste buds
● Directing daily kitchen activities as well as coaching and developing a team capable of catering to more than 500 people
● Encouraging and addressing feedback when needed
● Creativity when designing delectable treats for VIP guests and special events
● Maintaining a clean and organized kitchen
What We need from you:
● Degree or certificate in culinary arts or,
● 2 years’ experience as a pastry chef
● Must speak local language(s)
● At least one year in a supervisory capacity, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing
framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.