Bartender, Food Service - Crowne Plaza Resort Guam
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Готель: Resort Guam (GUMCR), 801 Pale San Vitores Road
Job number: 103930
Must be able to work in United States of America without restrictions, prefer Resident of Guam.
Looking for candidates who is US Citizen, US Permanent Resident or Legally Authorized to work in US.
This is an entry level Management position; we are not able to provide any work visa.
Must have Valid Health Certificate to serve Food and ABC Card to serve Alcoholic Beverages.
What’s the job?
After a big meeting far away from home, or a long wait for a delayed flight, is there anyone more welcoming than a smiling bartender? As the friendly face of our hotel bars, you’ll also be a helpful host, a local expert, and a proud brand ambassador. Whether you’re preparing drinks exactly as our guests want or serving them delicious food, you’ll be devoted to creating relaxing, memorable experiences.
- Enthusiastically, politely, friendly and with a sense of urgency, welcome and thank our guests. With your own signature flare, turn our high standards into a memorable experience for every guest.
- Communicate with colleagues about guest information, orders, and needs.
- Promoting and maintaining a safe and positive workplace.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through regular communication and coordination with managers, team members, and other departments.
- Taking initiative in assisting other team members.
- Coordinates daily supply inventory for bar and submits orders to supervisor; assists with receipt of deliveries.
- Contributes to daily, holiday, and theme drink menus in collaboration with supervisor.
- Work closely with both F&B and Culinary Team in constantly looking-out for new trends, localized offerings, and guests’ evolving needs.
- Ensures smooth operation of bar services during absence of supervisor.
- Change beer barrels and ensure cleanliness of keg dispensers and bar areas.
- Ensure the proper handling of payments and reconcile sales records at the end of the work shift.
- Process all payment methods in accordance with Accounting procedures and policies.
- Follow the resort control audit standards and handling procedures.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining change required for expected business level and keeping bank secured at all times.
- Count bank at end of shift, complete cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts and secure bank.
- Transport bank safely and securely from/to workstation.
- Set up and organize cashier workstation with designated supplies, forms, and resource materials.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstations and well organized at all times
- Properly follow and complete opening and closing procedures.
- Immediately acknowledge guest presence with positivity and a sense of urgency.
- Give guests a better experience by helping with any queries or advice, suggest sells by highlighting promotions, and upsell to guests.
- Observes guests and able to respond to additional requests, anticipating needs, and assists with any services issues.
- Help guests with their requests and complaints - making sure you maintain a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Drive delivery of great dining experiences for guests at a good value; Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals.
- Enhance guest experience by responding timely to guest requests.
- Respond timely and appropriately to guest request and complaints, elevating issues to the supervisor or manager as needed.
- Make appropriate service recovery gestures in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ensure to speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Handle cash and credit transactions
- Strict adherence to food, sanitary, and safety standards
- Adheres to proper alcohol handling, sanitation, and safety procedures, and maintains appropriate dating, labeling, and rotation of all beverage items.
- Instructs personnel in use of new equipment and cleaning methods and provides efficient and effective methods of maintaining work area.
- Report all guest issues and complaints to supervisor or manager.
- Consult with supervisors to identify and realize optimal service delivery standards.
- Comply with all Resort policies and procedures.
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Clean walls, windows, and floors as necessary.
- Report any workplace hazards or injuries/illnesses.
What we need from you
- Health Certificate and ABC Card
- Education - High School Diploma is required.
- Service years - 1 years of experience as Bartender. Hotel experience preferred.
- Knowledge and skills
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments.
- Formal bartending training preferred. Must meet legal age requirements.
- Problem solving and reasoning abilities are used often.
- Must be able to devise, prepare and maintain spreadsheets using various software systems.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holiday.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with colleagues and managers.
- Proficiency in MS programs especially with MS PPT, MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel.
- Ability to analyze data, organize it, and present it in a clear and professional manner.
- Able to engage in meaningful negotiation and resolution in a calm and objective manner.
Fluent in English (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
- Preferred (if required)
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (bar ware, carts, boxes, bottles, etc.)
- Moving about the bar, lounge and kitchen
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting
- Frequently walking, standing up at guest-facing areas
- Some handling of food and beverages, stoves, and utensils
- Basic math skills, reading, and writing are used when completing paperwork, sales reconciliations, and other duties.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, describing cocktail items, completing paperwork.
What we offer
In return we'll provide you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include Health (medical, dental & vision) insurance, a 401k plan with company match, Paid Time Off and Employee Discount. A chance to become part of the global IHG family - opening a door to endless career opportunities. We’re passionate about growing our talent. We’ll provide the training & development you need to succeed & progress into your next role.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – Our colleagues share some winning characteristics: we work better together, we trust and support each other, we aim higher by looking for better ways to do things, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.