Barista - InterContinental Abu Dhabi
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates
Hotel: Residences Abu Dhabi (AUHIC), Zayed The First Street, Building 1
Job number: 106677
A barista is responsible for preparing and serving coffee and other beverages to guests in a coffee shop. This includes taking guests orders, brewing coffee and tea, preparing other beverages such as smoothies and juices, and serving pastries and other food items.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Welcome guests and take their orders
- Prepare and serve coffee and tea beverages using various brewing methods
- Prepare other beverages such as smoothies and juices
- Prepare and serve food items such as pastries and sandwiches
- Clean and maintain the coffee shop and equipment
- Stock and organize supplies
- Handle cash and operate the cash register
- Maintain a friendly and helpful attitude towards guests
- Ensure guest satisfaction by responding to guests complaints and concerns
What We need from you:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a customer service role, preferably in a coffee shop or café
- Knowledge of various brewing methods and coffee beans
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.