Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: Taiwan, Taiwan, Hsinchu
Job number: HOTEL49773
• Validate of the potential of assigned accounts and create account plans as per the IHG hotels Business Development standard operating procedures • Develop the assigned account portfolio to meet set goals and maximise profitability • Gather information on current and prospective clients / contacts to generate incremental business • Maintain effective control of sales expenses
PEOPLE • Use both account interaction and publicly available tools to monitor competitors' activities as it relates to both the hotel and the portfolio of accounts and share relevant information with key stakeholders in line with hotel procedures • Provide feedback to management on changing market conditions, including competition and market trends • Involve Director of Sales where appropriate on sales calls and sales meetings • Communicate to his/her superior any issues encountered and other relevant information • Attend and participate in and where appropriate, organise training sessions, daily briefings and other meetings as required • Where applicable, supervise, manage and train Business Development Executives and Business Development Coordinators in carrying out their responsibilities GUEST EXPERIENCE • Network within one’s portfolio of accounts to build relationships with key decision makers and other relevant staff • Conduct client meetings as well as planning and coordinating site introduction tours and inspections • Handle and manage clients’ queries or issues • Be proactive and responsible for the follow up of new sales leads to enhance guest experience • Develop and maintain contact with business generators (MICE Planners; travel agents; etc.)
RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS • Ensure accurate and timely updating of an accurate record of all relevant activities in the provided Sales System (i.e. Delphi; Opera; etc.) for future reference and control purposes • Update Account and Contact profiles, attach Account plans, ensure ‘live’ information for action • Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community. Perform other duties as assigned.
Your day to day
Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Business or Hospitality Management desired, and 2 - 4 years of relevant Sales experience in Hospitality or a related service industry.
Expected to possess the following skills:
• In-depth knowledge of sales principles and techniques
• Effective communication and negotiation skills
• Strong knowledge of hotel products, rates and marketing programmes
• Excellent PC skills (including MS Office) • Ability to develop strong relationships with customers and other stakeholders
• Knowledge and experience of Sales Systems (i.e. Delphi; Opera; etc.) is advantageous