Sales Executive - Crowne Plaza West Cairo - Arkan
Otel Markası: Crowne Plaza
Konum: Mısır, Al Ismā`īlīyah, Kahire
Job number: EMEAA22951
Crowne Plaza is a global chain of full service, upscale hotels headquartered in the United Kingdom. It caters to business travelers and the meetings and conventions market. It is part of the (IHG) InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands, which include InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Voco, Staybrige Suites, Kimpton Hotels and Regent. As one of the world's largest upscale brands, we have properties located in major urban centers, gateway cities and resort destinations all around the globe and can be found in nearly 100 countries with more than 429 hotels and 118,000 rooms globally.
Since opening in 2012 Arkan Plaza has evolved into West Cairo’s primary commercial and social destination, offering a multitude of retail and dining outlets along with gyms, banks and offices. All radiating from its welcoming central plaza, situated in the heart of Sheikh Zayed located on the 26th of July corridor main spine, which connects the cities of Sheikh Zayed and 6th of October with the central Cairo area.
Crowne Plaza West Cairo - Arkan is scheduled to open in 2021, the 178-room new build will form part of Phase II of Arkan Plaza. The Hotel is 10 minutes away from the “new” Grand Egyptian Museum and 15 minutes from the Great Pyramids of Giza. It is also in close proximity to Cairo International Airport and will be just 10 kilometers away from Sphinx International Airport. Business and leisure travelers can get the best of both worlds with three meeting rooms and a business center along with an outdoor pool and Club Lounge
We are currently looking for a Sales Executive to join our amazing pre-opening team at Crowne Plaza West Cairo – Arkan.
Your day to day
- Establish client base of individuals, organizations, associations, social, and/or corporate businesses through direct outside and inside selling to secure business for the hotel to ensure that room night sales and revenue goals are met or exceeded.
- Actively prospect and qualify new business.
- Validate the potential of assigned accounts and create account plans as per the IHG standard operating procedures
- Grow assigned accounts so to meet fixed goals and maximise profitability
- Gather information on current and prospective clients / contacts to generate incremental business
- Maintain effective control of sales expenses
- Monitors competitor’s activities and assists in marketing intelligence
- Sells to new, existing and prospective customers considering goals set forth in the sales strategy, negotiating optimum rate for the benefit of the business
- Use both account interactions and publicly available tools to monitor competitors' activities as it relates to both the hotel and the portfolio of accounts and share relevant information with key stakeholders in line with hotel procedures.
- Provide feedback to management on changing market conditions, including competition and market trends.
- Involve the Director of Sales or the DOSM where appropriate on sales calls and sales meetings.
- Communicate to his/her superior any issues encountered and other relevant information.
- Attend and participate in training sessions, daily briefings and other meetings as required.
- Network within one’s portfolio of accounts to build relationships with key decision makers and other relevant staff.
- Conduct client meetings as well as planning and coordinating site introduction tours and inspections.
- Handle and manage clients’ queries or issues.
- Be proactive and responsible for the follow up of new sales leads to enhance guest experience.
- Develop and maintain contact with business generators (MICE Planner; travel agents; Corp Accounts etc.)
- Ensure accurate and timely updating of an accurate record of all relevant activities in the provided Sales System (i.e. Delphi; Opera; etc.) for future reference and control purposes.
- Update Account and Contact profiles, attach Account plans, ensure ‘live’ information for action.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
- Tertiary qualification in Sales and Marketing
- Solid computer skills, proficiency ln the use of office software products (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner in English (both oral and written, Arabic knowledge being of strong advantage
- Minimum 2 years· experience in a similar position in 5/4-star hotel.
- Driver’s license is a must
What we offer
In return we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.