Rooms Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco
Otel Markası: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Amerika Birleşik Devletleri, Kaliforniya, San Francisco
Hotel: InterContinental - Mark Hopkins San Francisco (SFOHA)
Job number: R186919
Do you see yourself as a Rooms Manager at San Francisco’s crown jewel?
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. Join us and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
With its rich local legacy and grand architectural style, the InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is a beloved landmark at the crest of celebrated Nob Hill. Historic charm, modern services and amenities, and breathtaking views make this premier San Francisco hotel one of the city’s most sought-after destinations for meetings, weddings, and Bay Area exploring.
Featuring 383 luxurious accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking city and bay views, a full fitness club service, 19,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and restaurant and bar influenced by local and international flavors.
The Rooms Manager reports to the Director of Rooms and oversees the Front Office and Housekeeping department, which consists of the Front Desk Agents, Guest Services (Bell, Door, and PBX Agents), Housekeeping Supervisors, Housekeeping Horseperson and Room Attendants. The Rooms Manager will work closely with the Reservations, Engineering, and Food & Beverage team and Sales & Catering Conference Services team.
Your day to day
POSITION OVERVIEW - ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Rooms Manager will have the overall responsibility of supporting the Director of Rooms in leading the execution of all Rooms Division duties, responsibilities and projects to ensure optimum performance, superior guest service, high colleague engagement and maximum profitability. The Rooms Manager will lead the day-to-day activities of the Front Office and Housekeeping department, communicate objectives, schedule/assign work, and ensure the colleagues are properly trained in addition to having the tools and equipment needed to effectively perform their job functions. Maintain consistent quality service, and operating standards as established by the IHG and InterContinental Brand Standards
What we need from you
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Five years or more of experience in leadership role of leading Front Office and Housekeeping operations in luxury brand hotel(s) or hospitality related operation(s).
- Able to communicate written and spoken English
- Possess strong leadership competencies – Be Brandhearted, Think Ahead, Champion Change, Lead People, Develop People, Drive Results and Work Collaboratively
- Able to multitask, be detail oriented, and communicate effectively
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that will accommodate the achievement of all business goals and directives. May be required to work on work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to perform the following: carrying or lifting items up to 50 pounds, moving about the function areas, handling objects, bending, stooping and kneeling
- Computer proficiency is required. Must possess experience with Microsoft Office systems, Opera PMS
- Prior operational leadership experience within the luxury brand hotel segment is strongly preferred.
- Strong housekeeping management experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in an unionized hotel setting is preferred.
What we offer
In addition to joining a highly engaged and winning team, we provide you with a comprehensive benefits package including: departmental incentives, healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, a matching 401k plan, paid time off including vacation, personal, sick. In addition, four (4) “Mark Hopkins” floating holidays.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we're ready to welcome all of you.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.