Risk Manager - Crowne Plaza West Cairo - Arkan
Otel Markası: Crowne Plaza
Konum: Mısır, Al Ismā`īlīyah, Kahire
Job number: EMEAA23984
Crowne Plaza is a global chain of full service, upscale hotels headquartered in the United Kingdom. It caters to business travelers and the meetings and conventions market. It is part of the (IHG) InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands, which include InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Voco, Staybrige Suites, Kimpton Hotels and Regent. As one of the world's largest upscale brands, we have properties located in major urban centers, gateway cities and resort destinations all around the globe and can be found in nearly 100 countries with more than 429 hotels and 118,000 rooms globally.
Since opening in 2012 Arkan Plaza has evolved into West Cairo’s primary commercial and social destination, offering a multitude of retail and dining outlets along with gyms, banks and offices. All radiating from its welcoming central plaza, situated in the heart of Sheikh Zayed located on the 26th of July corridor main spine, which connects the cities of Sheikh Zayed and 6th of October with the central Cairo area.
Crowne Plaza West Cairo - Arkan is scheduled to open in 2021, the 178-room new build will form part of Phase II of Arkan Plaza. The Hotel is 10 minutes away from the “new” Grand Egyptian Museum and 15 minutes from the Great Pyramids of Giza. It is also in close proximity to Cairo International Airport and will be just 10 kilometers away from Sphinx International Airport. Business and leisure travelers can get the best of both worlds with three meeting rooms and a business center along with an outdoor pool and Club Lounge
We are currently looking for a Risk Manager who will manage and ensure all colleagues and guests are safe and secured while they are in the hotel.
Your day to day
- Provide inputs to the General Manager on priority project concerning health and safety to ensure that budget will not surpass the target in a given year.
- Providing support, education, and training to colleagues including management levels to ensure that everyone understand their role in our company’s objective.
- Interacts with other departments when necessary to provide additional trainings, and Departmental Evacuation drill and Crisis Table Top Exercises that enable the management to handle different types of Crisis.
- Active participation in Standard Evaluation which includes task that are meant to raise the following sections: Brand Standards, Brand Safety Standards, Cleanliness and Condition. Action plan are distributed to all concern the department and follow up and update all remarks in the system this allow calibrating our performance against the standard.
- To meet the current requirements / needs of our guest pertaining to Fire, Life and Safety of the hotel thru the Heart Beat Survey and Corporate Auditing. Thus giving us an advantage as their first choice of accommodation.
- Brand Safety Standard application and staff active participation to ensure that the hotel is a safe environment to work and safe place to stay for our guest that will keep them want to return.
- Involvement in security by attending to the Annual Security Audit and sharing information to the Security Manager on the current trends in threat and vulnerability status of our location or neighboring countries that can affect directly and indirectly to the hotel operations.
- Support the Incident Response team when managing cases and intervening when required to ensure the correct levels of customer care is provided
- Actively review cases and perform case studies to identify solutions to prevent/mitigate scenarios from occurring again
- Manage and maintain policies, processes. and work instructions in a single repository.
- Onboard and educate the Incident Response team when there are process or policy updates.
- Managing insurance claims to ensure the highest level of care is provided to our users.
- Respond to queries from local governments and ensure all processes meet regulations.
- Liaise with local law enforcement and assist with ongoing investigations.
- Validate business cases with data-driven analysis and provide recommendations to drive key metric performance and achieve targets
- Typical interactions will include liaising with law enforcement, cooperating with local governments, and working closely with other functional teams.
What we need from you
- College degree or an equivalent level of education plus 2-4 years’ experience in Occupational Safety and Health Administration Management and other related training of equivalent.
- Has a basic knowledge in Building Maintenance, HACCP Standards and Health and Safety at the workplace.
- Certification on Health and Safety Management.
Job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Effective communication skills are required to perform safety training and encourage commitment from other team in achieving company’s goals and objective.
- Frequently standing and roaming around the hotel premises to address risk / hazards.
What we offer
In return we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.