Security Officer - Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
Otel Markası: Crowne Plaza
Konum: Amerika Birleşik Devletleri, Georgia, Atlanta
Otel: Crowne Plaza - Atlanta Çevresi Ravinia (ATLCP)
Job number: R193451
Do you see yourself as a Security Officer at The Crowne Plaza? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or spending time with your pet, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts we love to help our guests reach their personal business goals - one after the other - and accelerate their journey to success. We do this by combining the best facilities with great service so our guests feel productive, accomplished and re-energized during their trip. At The Crowne Plaza Perimeter at Ravinia we are located just two blocks from the Marta Dunwoody station and across the street from Perimeter Mall. The hotel has 495 guestrooms, 32,000 square feet of meeting space, and three distinct Food and Beverage outlets for our guests to enjoy inspired by Kimpton. The hotel is the Americas flagship for the Crowne Plaza Brand.
Your day to day
Perform hotel security duties and procedures to ensure the safety and security of guests, employees and the property as well as the property’s assets.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest related incidents, questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Investigate loss and safety incidents involving guests, employees and/or hotel loss and safety exposure and comply with state and government regulations and hotel procedures to prevent/minimize the loss from theft and other safety risk or litigation against the hotel. Such investigations may include theft or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints, intoxication incidents, other guest complaints and safety hazard accidents and incidents. May have to administer CPR on guest or staff member in accordance to guidelines and communicate specified information to EMS/medical personnel as required. Complete documented reports in accordance to Company and hotel polices and procedures.
- Perform daily inspection and ensure compliance of hotel security and safety requirements and procedures in order to protect hotel property, employees and guests against theft, crime, threats and safety hazards. This may include and is not limited to:
- patrolling and inspecting with specified equipment the assigned areas to include all public areas of the property including meeting rooms, entrances and outside building and grounds; monitoring surveillance cameras and checking areas for unauthorized persons or vehicles and coordinating towing of vehicles, unlocked doors and fire and safety hazards and document all actions
- maintaining the Security procedures and audit/department logs that may include lost and found, storing guests’ valuables, key control, emergency procedures, health and safety hazard procedures for all employees and guests
- ensuring all guest room doors are secured and assist guest with room access and moving/removing guest possessions or inventory if required
- escorting staff and guest to car if requested
- inspecting purses, packages or bags of employees if designated by management and employees work identification and accuracy of employee time cards as they arrive/leave the property
- Perform other duties as assigned; such as may handle deliveries received during non-business hours.
What we need from you
High school diploma or equivalent, plus one year of security and safety experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 50-100 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to secure the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the guests and employees.
- Certification in safety and training and/or licensed as a Security Officer or Law Enforcement Officer may be required. Certified CPR, First Aid instructor and training in law enforcement techniques may be required or highly desired.
- Working knowledge of local laws, investigation methods, OSHA requirements and fire codes and life safety codes.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used when an emergency situation occurs.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day and/or to read safety and security procedures.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, are used occasionally.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.