Mobile Engineering Manager
Otel Markası: IHG Kurumsal
Konum: Amerika Birleşik Devletleri, Georgia, Atlanta
Otel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R184973
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
The Mobile Engineering Manager is a key, strategic role in the Guest Products and Platforms organization and will be accountable for the development of IHG’s current J.D. Power Award winning and future Apple iOS and Google Android app. The leader selected for this opportunity will lead successful completion and launch of an entirely new IHG app and beyond. This role will partner with multiple business and technology stakeholders to bring a consolidated and aligned approach toward a strategic and expanded integration with on-property hotel systems to enrich our guest’s stay experience. This high visibility and highly impactful position requires seasoned leader who can drive change at pace, without sacrificing the quality of the end product. The Mobile Engineering Manager is a leader of a cross functional team of employees and contractors, including off-shore and outsourced development resources. The Engineering Manager ensures the team is consistent when implementing technology requirements and business objectives, including providing the technical solutions for analyzing, designing, coding, debugging and documenting software. This includes but is not limited to services, application development, interface components, graphical screens, reports, and high level logic for application system(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Lead app development strategy for the global IHG application and delight millions of customers each year with outstanding digital innovations.
- Collaborate closely with product leadership and guest experience design teams across functions to bring an outstanding digital experience to life for our guests, and maintain a product lifecycle which continually adds compelling new features and capabilities.
- Manage strategies for the continued planning, scheduling, and coordination of system tests for reliability, scalability, and maintainability and monitor test results to take or assign required corrective action.
- Manages vendors performance, SLA’s and provide timely communications and status reports to business partners
- Oversees proofs of concepts and acts as an advisor to Sr. level IT management on strategic decisions concerning legacy and/or new technology.
- Ensures documentation of project and code reviews to ensure development conforms to standards, requirements, and the software development life cycle as defined.
- Manages the efficiency of the facilitation of design, development, and implementation of real time applications for use in a multi-platform environment.
- Manage relevant projects to ensure stable performance of the systems through the monitoring, analysis, identification, and resolution of systems issues in accordance with specified technical requirements, schedules and budgets.
What we need from you
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Typically a minimum of 10+ years of progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Experience in leading and developing people directly or indirectly.
- Experience in partnering with and/or leading geographically diverse teams (onshore, nearshore, offshore)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge, in addition to experience, in related software architectures and development methodologies
- Ability to strategically demonstrate analytical and conceptual skills needed to develop efficient and effective solutions for cross-platform technologies.
- Ability to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills when explaining complex technical issues to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences, including clients, vendors, senior management, and staff.
- Proficient knowledge and development expertise in one or more of the following disciplines required:
- Developing and/or managing teams that design and develop Apple iOS and Google Android apps
- Knowledge of current mobile application design and development best practices
- Performance monitoring, debugging, crash root cause analysis
- Mobile automated test frameworks (Appium, etc.)
- End-to-end deployment automation of mobile apps
- Managing and releasing mobile apps on the Apple and Google app stores
- Amazon Web Services
What we offer
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.