Housekeeping Supervisor - Hotel Indigo Naperville Riverwalk
Otel Markası: Hotel Indigo
Konum: Amerika Birleşik Devletleri, Illinois, Naperville
Otel: İndigo - Naperville Nehir Yürüyüşü
Job number: R186778
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
· Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
· Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
· Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
Your day to day
· Control expenses and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
· Monitor performance and recommend disciplinary action in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
· Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
· Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
· Inspect all assigned areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action. Provide adequate retraining as needed.
· Assist with scheduling and room assignments to ensure proper coverage.
· Inspect storage rooms and room attendant carts for neatness, cleanliness, adequate supplies, and good repair.
· Complete all paperwork and closing duties such as filling out supply requisitions, maintenance request forms, and updating log books, etc.
· May perform all housekeeping duties necessary including makings beds and vacuuming and cleaning guest rooms to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
· May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
· May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
High School Diploma or equivalent plus 1-2 years housekeeping experience, preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity, including some supervisory training/experience. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
· Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
· Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
· Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when compiling departmental records, logs, or paperwork.
· Basic mathematical skills are used occasionally.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.