Şef Şef - Crowne Plaza Batı Kahire Arkan
Otel Markası: Crowne Plaza
Konum: Mısır, Al Ismā`īlīyah, Kahire
İş numarası: EMEAA22766
Crowne Plaza is a global chain of full service, upscale hotels headquartered in the United Kingdom. It caters to business travelers and the meetings and conventions market. It is part of the (IHG) InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands, which include InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Voco, Staybrige Suites, Kimpton Hotels and Regent. As one of the world's largest upscale brands, we have properties located in major urban centers, gateway cities and resort destinations all around the globe and can be found in nearly 100 countries with more than 429 hotels and 118,000 rooms globally. Since opening in 2012 Arkan Plaza has evolved into West Cairo’s primary commercial and social destination, offering a multitude of retail and dining outlets along with gyms, banks and offices. All radiating from its welcoming central plaza, situated in the heart of Sheikh Zayed located on the 26th of July corridor main spine, which connects the cities of Sheikh Zayed and 6th of October with the central Cairo area. Crowne Plaza West Cairo - Arkan is scheduled to open in 2021, the 178-room new build will form part of Phase II of Arkan Plaza. The Hotel is 10 minutes away from the “new” Grand Egyptian Museum and 15 minutes from the Great Pyramids of Giza. It is also in close proximity to Cairo International Airport and will be just 10 kilometers away from Sphinx International Airport. Business and leisure travelers can get the best of both worlds with three meeting rooms and a business center along with an outdoor pool and Club Lounge We are currently looking for a Head Chef who will coach and lead the kitchen team and play a major role in the property’s growth and development.
Your day to day
• Contributes to the creation of, and executes food and beverage strategy
• Accountable for the integration of the kitchen departments promoting a welcoming and inclusive environment
•Fully accountable for the quality of all food leaving the kitchens
• Accountable for overall performance of the team including guest experience, workforce planning and departmental profit delivery
• Builds confidence in teams recognising good performance that promotes company values
• Attract, develop and retain talent
• Analyse challenges to understand underlying issues and root causes and makes right
• Create environment where best practice can be shared
• Performance Management of direct reports in the kitchen and ensuring process is fairly and professionally managed for all colleagues.
• Creates pride in team to deliver consistent branded experience
• Can explain the purpose and vision of the department in a way which is meaningful and motivating
• Aware of market trends and able to develop a compelling case to implement new food initiatives
• Thorough knowledge of statutory regulations ensuring the business is always operated within the law
• Regularly review information and reports available to consistently respond to guest feedback and behaviours for the betterment of food experience (ie menu engineering).
What we need from you
Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing culinary operation, and preferably having a 5* hotel background
• To have led previously at least as a Head Chef for 3 or more years within a global branded establishment.
• Our Head Chef must be experienced in local cuisine, with practical experience of at least one other cuisine and experience catering meetings, social events and restaurants • As a minimum, must have completed Food Safety certification and have knowledge in HACCP
• Knowledge of appropriate systems to support operational processes
What we offer
In return we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online". We are an equal opportunity employer.