Franchise Otel - Lyric Restaurant - Sous Chef
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn & Suites
Location: United States, Minnesota, Duluth
Hotel: Holiday Inn & Suites - Duluth-Downtown - (DULMN)
İş numarası: FRDULMN695
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Holiday Inn & Suites is a locally owned and operated hotel that is a proven leader within both the hospitality industry and the local community. Plus, we’re the largest hotel in the Duluth area. Which means we offer many employment opportunities for both the hospitality career professional and those interested in gaining a positive employment experience.
Your day to day
1. Observes and manages workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure methods of
cooking, garnishing and sizes of portions to prescribed standards.
2. Cooks and carves meats, prepares dishes (i.e. sauces, etc.) during rush periods for banquets and other social
functions. Cooks and otherwise prepares foods according to recipes.
3. Assumes responsibility for kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef (includes issuing rule violation warnings,
writing reports to the Executive Chef on disciplinary problems, etc.). Performs performance evaluations after they are
reviewed and approved by Executive Chef.
4. Requisitions supplies from store room and distributes to proper departments (e.g. Sneakers, Porter's Kitchen,
Greenery, Banquet Kitchen) based on forecasted requirements.
5. Checks all stations for cooked food already prepped. Consolidates stations after a designated time. Supervises the
dishing-up of foods to ensure continuity of service from kitchen.
6. Checks all ice boxes, takes inventory of left-over and "on-hand" supplies, and leaves menu suggestions for the
Executive Chef for maximum utilization of current inventory.
7. Cools and properly stores all left-over food.
8. Supervises cleaning of station equipment, pans, utensils and tools, assuring all established sanitation standards are
9. Safeguards supplies against pilferage. Locks all ice boxes at end of shift and turns over keys to the Night Desk Clerk.
10. Reports (in writing) any irregularities or equipment defects to the Executive Chef.
11. Makes a complete inspection tour of kitchen each shift to inspect burners, ovens, bake oven, water faucets, and
12. Receives shipments of product, verifying invoices against product delivered.
13. Codes and enters invoices, and inputs transfer sheets between departments to be used in month-end financial
14. Performs daily inventory of bulk prepared items to ensure proper par levels. Assists in monthly inventory process by
recording physical inventory on appropriate forms.
15. Keeps records pertaining to items purchased, costs, delivery, product quality and inventories.
16. Assures that coolers, freezers and store rooms are organized and clean at all times.
17. Communicates with quality control and inspection personnel to identify defects of purchased goods, determine reason
for defect, and initiate appropriate corrective actions(s).
18. Assures that coolers in main kitchen and other kitchen inventory are kept at par levels.
What we need from you
Our award-winning property not only offers a positive work environment with flexible scheduling, but also many other benefits including: health & life insurance, 401k retirement plans, uniforms and holiday and vacation pay. Our company also offers a scholarship program to UMD students (open to both employees and their families).
What we offer
· Understand, learn, follow and implement instructions, including hotel policies, and Food & Beverage standards and
· Maintain a positive, cheerful attitude at all times.
· In the absence of the Executive Chef or as requested, provides training to kitchen staff, issues warnings, etc., in
compliance with management's direction and established policy.
· Skillfully use hand tools or machines as required by job.
· Read directions/recipes for the items to be made.
· Accept full responsibility for managing an activity.
· Plan and organize the work of others.
· Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials, ingredients or objects with great precision.
· Use arithmetic or shop geometry to compute amounts of material needed, dimensions to be followed, and costs of
· Picture what the finished product will look like.
· Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as it is turned out.
· Think logically to make decisions.
· Interpret information in mathematical, written, and diagram form (i.e. statistical reports).
· Make decisions based on experience and personal feelings, as well as on facts and figures.
· Speak and write clearly and with authority.
· Be able to work any day of the week, at any hour.