Franchise Hotel - Sales Specialist
Otel Markası: Otel Indigo
Konum: Amerika Birleşik Devletleri, Texas, Dallas
Otel: Otel Indigo - Dallas Şehir Merkezi - (DALAR)
Job number: FRDALAR710
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
The Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown is ready to hire an enthusiastic Group Rooms Coordinator, with a passion for hospitality, to join the Sales & Marketing Team. Are you ready for the next step in your career? If you are ready to make that leap into this role, apply today! SMI Hotel Group is looking for top talent and we look forward to hearing from you!
Located in Downtown Dallas’s East Quarter neighborhood, Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown is an upscale boutique hotel. Our modern hotel features 170 guest rooms, well-appointed meeting spaces, and a popular onsite restaurant Titches Bar & Bistro. Additionally, with direct access to I-75, I-30, and the Dart Light Rail with service to Love Field and DFW International Airport, Hotel Indigo is centrally located in the heart of Dallas's buzzing downtown corridor. Hotel Indigo offers urban explorers and modern pioneers an immersive outlet to discover Dallas’s historic past and growing future. Come be a part of the story at Hotel Indigo!
Your day to day
Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
What we need from you
- 401(K) Matching
- Company Discounts
- Dental Benefits
- Incentive Program
- Family Medical Leave
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Hotel Discounts
- Job Training
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Time Off
What we offer
- Answer sales office phones when sales staff not available. Respond to all sales inquiries accurately, timely and in a professional manner.
- Type correspondence, reports and necessary forms i.e. contracts, as well as prepare proposals or other letters as directed.
- Coordination of all group and wedding business as contracted by the sales manager/DOS. Contact and provide appropriate follow-up on all signed/contracted business within five (5) working days. Determine and coordinate all needs of the customer.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with the various departments to ensure that the meeting and related functions are executed to exceed the client's expectations.
- Account Service and Management: Maintains well documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Work with sales personnel to achieve required sales team goals.
- Have current knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts and promotions.
- Assist with completing any required sales reports.Develop and effective communication and information system with the hotel team to disseminate details of upcoming group, meeting events and special events in the primary marketing area.
- Assist hotel with implementing hotel specific selling strategies.
- Assist hotel operations such as working shifts at front desk, food and beverage, and other needed positions during demand periods.
- Promptly, the same day or by 10am the next business day, follows-up on all customers' needs and inquires in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Represents themselves and the hotel with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service focused approach and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communication with all co-workers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Display a neat, clean and business-like appearance at all times.
- Creates monthly social hour calendar with the Director of Sales.
- Assists the Sales department with monthly luncheons, client events, etc.
- Conduct walk-in tours
- Create gift bags for guest traces, VIP's, Hug's, etc. Keep supplies stocked and on hand.
- Work with EBC on all group turnover and proper execution of the groups.
- Operations support and focus
- Works in Opera PMS extensively
- Works in Delphi FDC ongoing
High school diploma or vocational secretarial.
Previous sales, hospitality, and secretarial experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge/use of Microsoft Word applications: Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Alphabetizing, grammar and punctuation skills.
- Standard business letter formats.
- Strong editing skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills necessary to communicate clearly with customers and other departments by phone or in person.
- Able to read contracts and letters.
- Able to use computers.
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.