Engineering Supervisor - Crowne Plaza West Cairo - Arkan
Otel Markası: Crowne Plaza
Konum: Mısır, Al Ismā`īlīyah, Kahire
İş numarası: EMEAA23985
Crowne Plaza is a global chain of full service, upscale hotels headquartered in the United Kingdom. It caters to business travelers and the meetings and conventions market. It is part of the (IHG) InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands, which include InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Voco, Staybrige Suites, Kimpton Hotels and Regent. As one of the world's largest upscale brands, we have properties located in major urban centers, gateway cities and resort destinations all around the globe and can be found in nearly 100 countries with more than 429 hotels and 118,000 rooms globally.
Since opening in 2012 Arkan Plaza has evolved into West Cairo’s primary commercial and social destination, offering a multitude of retail and dining outlets along with gyms, banks and offices. All radiating from its welcoming central plaza, situated in the heart of Sheikh Zayed located on the 26th of July corridor main spine, which connects the cities of Sheikh Zayed and 6th of October with the central Cairo area.
Crowne Plaza West Cairo - Arkan is scheduled to open in 2021, the 178-room new build will form part of Phase II of Arkan Plaza. The Hotel is 10 minutes away from the “new” Grand Egyptian Museum and 15 minutes from the Great Pyramids of Giza. It is also in close proximity to Cairo International Airport and will be just 10 kilometers away from Sphinx International Airport. Business and leisure travelers can get the best of both worlds with three meeting rooms and a business center along with an outdoor pool and Club Lounge
We are currently looking for Engineering Supervisor who will be responsible of all maintenance activities and duties at the hotel and ensure standards are maintained to deliver a memorable guest experience. Always following government regulations concerning health, safety or other requirements.
Your day to day
- Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely manner by following hotel standard operating procedures.
- Perform day-to-day inspection rounds and preventative maintenance within the hotel rooms and public areas.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to all maintenance calls that arise either by guests or internally by departments.
- Able to prioritize the maintenance issues e.g.: to attend the breakdown of plant, machinery on priority, etc...
- Perform maintenance activities in the guest rooms and public areas including electrical equipment, plumbing, air conditioning, and civil works.
- Test, troubleshoot, and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
- Monitor Fire Alarm / Fire Life Safety systems as necessary to handle any emergencies.
- Knowledgeable of all electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, water systems, HVAC, and civil works with the ability to operate with efficiency.
- Communicate with different departments and provide them with information and assistance.
- Operate BMS (Building Management System), and update remarks once the task is completed.
- Able to use your technical abilities to solve problems, and make repairs effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain a daily logbook of the work done during the shift with a proper handover before the next shift.
- Delegate duties to the Ken fix-it team, and other technicians.
- Flexibility to work on rotating shifts of eight working hours (Morning, Afternoon, and Night).
- Complete the daily checklist before handing over the shift.
- Responsible to take decisions in the absence of Chief Engineer and Duty Engineer.
- Maintain all tools equipment, and working areas in good condition.
- Train and instruct other colleagues through sharing knowledge and skills.
- Attend all firefighting classes to obtain knowledge on firefighting scenarios.
- Perform any other job assigned by Chief Engineer as required and when needed.
- Adhere to hotel policies, safety instructions, grooming standards, and maintain professional image.
What we need from you
- Work experience as Engineering Supervisor or similar role
- Hands-on experience with maintenance tasks for large organizations
- Knowledge of different equipment and systems
- Excellent organizational and team management skills
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends
- To lead our team of the maintenance department and ensure we provide excellent customer service
- To be responsible for organizing colleagues shifts, training and motivating team members
- High school diploma or similar education level
What we offer
In return we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.