Director of Human Resources InterContinental Budapest
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Hungary, Budapest, Budapest
Job number: EMEAA20913
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
As HR Director, you’ll drive HR and initiatives such as hiring, benefits, employee relations and training programmes, to ensure compliance for hotel team members. You’ll also promote a positive team culture whilst ensuring colleagues deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life. You'll also coach the General Manager and leadership team on all people-related issues.
- Help create and work within the HR budget
- Monitor staffing and labour standards to manage costs
- Mitigate financial risks associated with employee relations issues
- Identify and analyse local compensation and benefits practices to ensure financial competitiveness
- Create programmes to foster a positive work environment for all. Support and administer an annual team member satisfaction survey
- Educate and train managers on HR disciplines to foster productivity, and enhance performance
- Welcome and conduct new team member orientation
- Oversee maintenance of accurate and up-to-date personnel files and records for all employees
- Ensure hiring standards and applicable laws and regulations are followed
- Build great relations with outside contacts
- Develop creative ways to inspire and motivate team members to provide guests with a memorable experience
- Make time to interact with guests to hear feedback and build relationships to understand how team members can increase guest satisfaction
- Work with department managers to develop initiatives to reach service standards and drive continuous improvement in the guest experience
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community and promote team member involvement in local community
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and hotel or company policies and procedures
- Research and investigate all workplace issues to discover facts, identify potential risks to the hotel or company, and facilitate resolution through your employee relations programmes
- Collect and maintain data from exit interviews, turnover statistics, absenteeism reports to identify trends, training needs, and supervisory issues
- Manage labour relations and represent the hotel in grievances, mediations, arbitrations and contract negotiation
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
What we need from you
- University/College degree preferably in Human Resources
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in Human Resources management preferably in hotels
- Fluent written and oral language skills in Hungarian and English
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to the extent possible in all HR related matters
- Strong leadership skills
- Positive attitude
- Goal-oriented personality
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.