Director of Food & Beverage - Hotel Indigo Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: Indigo - Los Angeles Downtown (LAXFS)
Job number: R187360
A little curiosity can take you anywhere. So, at Hotel Indigo ®, we do more than satisfy our guest’s curiosity, we inspire them. Our passionate colleagues help create memorable and unique experiences for our guests; in a place truly connected to the local neighborhood, infused with intriguing design and local flavors. Where every day brings new discoveries, fresh experiences, and unexpected ideas.
And just like our hotels, no two colleagues are the same. So we’re curious about you. How will you inspire the eclectic rhythm in our hotels? How will you bring the local neighborhood story to life? At Hotel Indigo® hotels, we’re excited to meet spirited characters who can delight the most curious guests
Your day to day
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As Director of Food and Beverage you’ll lead and direct food and beverage operations, ensuring quality service and standards are maintained to deliver a great guest experience. Always following government regulations concerning health, safety or other requirements. You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field.
10 years of progressive F&B operations experience including 5 years of experience in the Director of Food & Beverage role (Department Head). Strong Culinary and/or Banquets background preferable. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
· Moving about the facilities
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Handling food, objects, products and utensils
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, costs, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a great room discount program and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG Hotels & Resorts family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG Hotels & Resorts is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.